z

Young Writers Society

Pirate girl

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:30 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Sadly my printer isn't working and so I had to take picture of my lovely work. Yes I just said lovely.
Anywho. I have started back up into my drawing faze but I will still be taking potos too. If you don;t understand what I mean look here. http://myfreindsavamp.deviantart.com/gallery/#_browse On page two at the very end is some old works I did just this last year though.

So.... *yay*
I'll give the first person a prize for figuring out where I got the dress from. ^-^
Attachments
pirate_girl_by_myfreindsavamp.jpg
pirate_girl_by_myfreindsavamp.jpg (57.1 KiB) Viewed 146 times
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:21 pm
Clo says...

Hey Vamp!

Very cute picture - I like a lot of the detail you put into it. Immediately, I really liked the colors I saw , very bright and eye catching and the coloring was done well.

Some of the body structure is a bit off, though. Her chin seems a bit too far over to the right. I know this is anime, so you placed her nose in a different spot in consideration of that, but even with that in mind I still feel like the chin is not positioned correctly. Anime does have many different styles, though.

Also, her shoulders are structured a bit wrong. They're too close together, considering the position she's in, and too small. You need to give room for her shoulder blades and collar bone - perhaps, try looking at a picture in a magazine where a model is positioned similarly and try to see how her should curves and the space between her neck and the curve of her shoulder.

Still cute, in the end. Keep drawing!

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:49 pm
miyaviloves says...

I agree with clo the colours are really good and vibrant - draws your attention to the picture immediatly!

Clo mentioned the body issues, but I think with anime you can really get away with it - as the characters are sometimes not correct anatomically.

I love the outfit aswell - its really nice and bellowey (is that even a word? - either way it describes what I am trying to say best!!!)

Keep drawing! And don't worry I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference from scanning it to taking a picture ;)

All the best,
Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

118 Reviews

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:07 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Thanks for the advise and the praze. >.< I can't redo this one or change it becuase it was colored on the original so x.x. :(
Oh well. Thanks again. ^-^
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:13 pm
miyaviloves says...

You don't really need to change it - do you just draw anime? *goes to search to see if you have posted any mroe art work*
Bag.

Got YWS?

118 Reviews

Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:47 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

I do lots of diffrent stuff... My portfolio is up in my first post.

To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.
— Tony Dorsett