z

Young Writers Society

Alien amine girl

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:26 pm
Sohini says...

Here's an alien girl based on Danster's character. he's hosting a contest and I thought I'd post my entry in the Art forum to to know what you think about this drawing.

So can you tell, by looking at this picture what she's like? Your answers should tell me if I've gother characteristics correct.

So... meet Steph:

8)

And drawing crits are welcome!
Last edited by Sohini on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:58 pm
little.angelfire says...

Well, upon characteristics, I believe she appears to be rather nice and/or caring. I'm assuming by what you typed above, you aren't expecting a critique, so I won't provide you with one. With luck, caring or nice is what you were going for.

--meow
Climb inside my belly button beanbag plastic world!

411 Reviews

Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:23 pm
Sohini says...

Oh thanks but critiques on the drawing is welcome...so don't hesitate.

*edits text above drawing*
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:35 pm
oneeyedunicornhunter says...

For a drawing critique: the legs and feet look a little misshapen. The torso could be better proportioned, too. The face and arms are good, though, if a bit odd.

I'd say she looks like she has some sort of secret. Her facial expression seems to hint at it, besides the fact that it looks like she has something behind her back...*strokes goatee that I will eventually be able to grow*
Am I a one eyed hunter of unicorns or a hunter of one eyed unicorns? The world may never know.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:01 pm
Rydia says...

I think the hair is well drawn but there needs to be more definition elsewhere. The fingers should be wider spread apart so that the pose doesn't look quite so strange (It's not natural to hold your hand like that and I can see no reason why she would) and the clothes would benefit from some shading. Her legs look rather strange, especially the right one and the right boot is also a little out of shape. But her skin is awesome and the face is good.

As for personality, I think she looks a little mischievous. Not mean per say but she certainly likes to cause a bit of trouble.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:17 pm
JabberHut says...

Hello! ^_^

Character: She looks like a sweet and caring girl; I didn't assume any mischief or anything, but I can see where that's coming from. She just looks like someone I could talk to without being yelled at or made fun of. XD

Critique: The others kind of mentioned what I've noticed, so I'll try to go into detail. ^^

Her hips are a bit uneven. Her right side is bigger/longer than the other, and they're altogether big. And the shirt hem arcing like that makes it look like her butt's on her front side. :lol: Do some shading there if you want her shirt to arc; otherwise, straighten it out (naturally, of course). ^^

Her left boot is off. The heel is at an angle, like she tripped over a rock. While standing. oO She should teach me that move. Anyway! I suggest a ruler maybe? Straighten those heels out 'cause they're suppose to be dependable when you walk on them--stiff so you can stand on them without falling over (assuming you have good balance). If you have a high-heeled shoe, use that as a model. Study it's shape and see it at different angles. People may look at you weird... but they're obviously jealous. :wink:

Make sure you want your boots to be wider than the leg like that. Right now, it shoes she has so much room in those boots, which means she likes roomy clothes; but her clothes look tight-fit on her, so it doesn't really match to me. That's me and my poor fashion tactics, though. :lol: The knees look either lower or wider than they're supposed to be. Can't really help you there. xD

Very good on the eyes! I always had trouble with the eyes and was too busy trying to perfect them when I really needed to perfect my hands. :lol: Very good. They're really cute. ^^

Her scalp is weird. Try making an oval for your head as a guideline, with the top bigger than the bottom? Hard to explain, but yeah. It'll help you shape the face. Anime shows a lot of hair on the top. Unless they're bald. oO But yeah. And not just the bangs. They show a lot of hair to allow headdress to show. I would suggest rounding the top of her head more, which means rounding out the headdress; and make sure that you don't make perfect circles with the headdress. Some hair below the band will cover some of it. Naturally, right? :wink:

I like the hair itself, though. ^^ Very lovely. I want to pet it.

The last point I could make is the hand, but kitty15 took care of that one for me pretty well. I hope I helped a little. I used to draw anime, so if you have any questions, you can ask me. I'm not a professional, but I was very nitpicky with my drawing. :lol: PM me any questions/comments, and I'll see you around! ^_^

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

411 Reviews

Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:53 pm
Sohini says...

Thanks for the helpful reviews, actually I never have mastered the art of figure drawing but I sure have gained a lot from you guys Kitty and Jabber!

Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins