z

Young Writers Society

River At Sunset.

Reviews: 3
Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:09 am
imaginationgurl14 says...

This is a picture I took on a European tour. River Seine in Paris, france around sunset. We were on a boat tour at the time. I'm pretty sure the building off in the distance is Notre Dame.
Attachments
river seine.jpg
river seine.jpg (29.91 KiB) Viewed 520 times
"This is a battle, a war, and the casualties could be your hearts and souls." -Dead Poet's Society.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:26 pm
Livinginfantasy says...

Oh god that is gorgeous!

So amazing. But I don't like the fact that I see people in the photograph; not that you're ugly or anything :wink:, but it kinda detracts form the surreal-ness of it.

Gorgeous picture, nonetheless.

I love the clouds, and the fact that the sunset adds color to the bleakness of the clouds.

This is getting starred!!! :D

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:33 pm
Kaylyn says...

Great picture-except for the people. That can be fixed just go to edit it and draw the window to where the people are out of the way. Here I'll show you an example of it. You just have to play around with it is all. Gold star by the way. I think you did a great job on it. So do you live there or were you just visiting? Sorry, I am just curious...
Attachments
edited paris river.jpg
edited paris river.jpg (15.86 KiB) Viewed 490 times
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

Reviews: 3
Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:57 pm
imaginationgurl14 says...

I don't live there. I was just visiting.
"This is a battle, a war, and the casualties could be your hearts and souls." -Dead Poet's Society.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:00 pm
Via says...

Hi IG--

This scene is absolutely gorgeous. The water against the sky is nearly a perfect contrast--couldn't do better if it was painted!

The only thing I have against it, as other have said, it the people in the bottom. That absolutely 100% takes away from the photograph and it couldn't be considered wonderful with people in it. The cropped version posted by Kay above would be...okay. But, at the same time that gets rid of most of the river which completely destroys the balance of the photograph. The buildings should be directly in the middle or just a bit above the midline horizontally for the river/sky balance.

Nice eye!

-V
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:11 pm
Angel of Death says...

Wow this is beautiful. The way the sky blends together to form a mystical blanket over an already majestic and amazingly structured building is just breath-taking. My NaNo takes place in Paris, mostly. This really inspired me. Thanks for taking this pic.
~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:28 pm
Kaylyn says...

ah, well okay then.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:46 am
View Likes
miyaviloves says...

You know I dont mind the people at the bottom of the picture, it adds something somehow. I lvoe the sky in this picture, it looks so dooming and opposing, yet the sun reflecting underneath them is beautiful.

This is a wonderful picture I really like it. When did you visit there?

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:47 am
theae says...

I like the picture but it really should have some and cropping of the people. With photoshop you can easily darken the sky, and add blue to the ocean. Contrasting the beautifully lit sun
The highway is for gamblers, better use your sense. Take what you have gathered from coincidence.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am
xGraceex says...

Its so beautiful! I knew instantly it was notre dam :D only because of the hunchback of notre dam film lol, but yeait looks so sparkly, the water and the sky go so well together in this shot. Brilliant - loved it! :D
SOME WISE WORDS xxx
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder
All true wisdom is found on T-shirts

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:24 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

ow its beautiful,
but i would also like to say I love the fact that it looks like a few friends are relaxing the sunset and looking at the beautiful view.

I wish i could do that with my friends. The picture is that beautiful you could write a story on it.
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil