z

Young Writers Society

Photography

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:18 am
BrokenSword says...

Some of my newer photography, and experiments with my new lens.

In New Zealand

NZ

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:56 pm
Juniper says...

NOT FAIR!!

Haha, okay, these are the type of shots I love, with low color and all the right touches. I love the one on the beach, it's so relaxing. The one of the car is perfect. The low color gives it an old feel. I love how there's not too many distracting things in the photos, that makes it better. I'm totally jealous of your ability to capture all of the little details on the flower. Keep it up :) and PM me if you have more... Please :)

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:11 pm
CJeanene13 says...

Wow, I wish I was this great of a photographer. Those were some amazing photos. This is the kind of work I like.

Not only are they or things people usually don't pictures of, but they were full of meaning and I felt as if I was right there.

Awesome pictures, once again!
I don't know anyone that is normal. If we were all normal we wouldn't be different. ~ME

Reviews: 3
Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:52 am
imaginationgurl14 says...

WOW!

Just....wow.

These are absolutely amazing. The detail and colors and everything is absolutely perfect. My favorite is the park bench! The low colors just make the picture. Keep taking pictures and posting them please!
"This is a battle, a war, and the casualties could be your hearts and souls." -Dead Poet's Society.

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:14 am
BrokenSword says...

Thank you all for your compliments! ^_^

Here's a few more pictures, including a self portrait...

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:37 pm
Bittersweet says...

I won't comment on the first set of pictures, but I shall tell you what I think of the ones just above!

P1- Wow. That's so gorgeous. So much that it almost looks unreal! Wonderful job, capturing the soft fog and the airiness of the clouds. Sometimes when people take pictures like that, they don't catch the beautiful place at just the right day. But yours isn't like that in anyway! The lighting is perfect, and the clouds and for really add to the whole pictures. I think if it weren't for them, the picture might look a little bland. Lovely job!

P2- Gorgeous! To me, I get this air of... wistfulness in that picture. Like, I get a fantastic old-timey country-side wood feel from this picture. The only thing that threw that off a bit was the speed bump. It didn't seem to fit with that mood. But otherwise, I love the whole look!

P3- I think this is actually my favorite. It's artsy (ironic, seeing how it's a paintbrush. Heh.) and very cool. That's the sort of thing I'd hang up in my room. Though I must say, I think that it would look better if the brushes's bristles were more pronounced and detailed; less blurry.

P4- Look at you! You're so cute! :P And excellent self portrait!
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:40 am
Maybe says...

These are absolutely amazing. You have incredible talent.

First set:

Picture One: I love the colors of this one (well, I love this colors of all of them, but this one especially). The angle and lighting are both perfect. The only thing that I could suggest is possibly getting the whole flower in focus, not just about a third of it.

Picture Two: This is my favorite out of this set. I really don't have anything to say about it other than it's beautiful.

Picture Three: It might just be me, but I'm not quite sure of the message you're trying to convey with this picture, if any. But again, I love the colors, angle and lighting.

Picture Four: Probably my least favorite out of the batch. The drop shadow/border seems too exaggerated and draws the eye away from the true beauty of the picture. If you had just a plain black border or no border at all, this picture would be lovely.

Picture Five: I love this one. Much better than your first with the focus. Colors are nice, angle and crop are as well.

Picture Six: This came in a close second for my favorite. The lighting is wonderful, colors are amazing. The only thing I have against it is the background just under the trees. But that's probably just me being picky.

Second set:

Picture One: This is stunning. Beautiful. Amazing. Words can't describe it.

Picture Two: Again with the drop shadow, though definitely not as bad as the one in the first set. I love the picture itself though. Very peaceful, with beautiful colors.

Picture Three: Would've liked to see the paintbrush in focus as well, but this is my second favorite photo out of all of them. Simple and yet beautiful and artistic.

Picture Four: Very pretty. ;)

Might I ask what kind of camera you're using? I'm in the market for a new one myself and I've been searching around everywhere for a decent one.

Wonderful pictures. You're very talented. I can't wait to see more of your work.

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:16 am
Nutty says...

Okay, I don't know much about photography, but they are really awesome pictures. I lived the one of the paintbrush and the old rusted out car. ^^

And, random comment: Woo! Go NZ :p
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:42 am
Maki-Chan says...

AMAZING! Do you do this for a living? My favorites are the bench and the paintbrush. :D
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:59 pm
miyaviloves says...

What brilliant photography - all the pictures are so clear and have such a personality about them!

These are some of the best pieces I have seen. And trust me, I took photography as an A level, I have seen a LOT.

Your self portrait is also very good!

Do you use any photo manipulation programmes?

Keep taking pictures like this!

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl