z

Young Writers Society

Princess Mononoke (is that's how its spelt?)

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:39 pm
xGraceex says...

Ok, i tried to put some emotion in this picture, of despair, and if youve seen the film you mightactually know what scene this is supposed to be! lol i was just watchin the film the other day and pressed pause (thirsty) and when i came back in the room and stared at the tv screen i was like "I have to draw this" and so thats what i did. i kinda went off track a bit, so basically it has a lot of patterns that look so randoma nd half of them i cant remember doing :D i really hope you guys like it, the thumb is dodgie and in the film he does have a huge muscly arm so its not my fault if it looks like its about to explode, and you cant see much of princess mononoke but thats how i drew her lol
pretty please review! :D good/bad reviews welsome, as always :D
Attachments
my princess mononoke picture.jpg
my princess mononoke picture.jpg (150.75 KiB) Viewed 345 times
SOME WISE WORDS xxx
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder
All true wisdom is found on T-shirts

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:49 pm
ATreeah says...

thats cool where did you get the idea to draw that? :D
ATreeah was here

76 Reviews

Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:19 pm
xGraceex says...

have you read the description? lol
glad you liked it :D
SOME WISE WORDS xxx

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:10 pm
Shine says...

Thats a good work.Really good.

Does princess mononoke have that pointed ears?

I would give it a 8/10.

Keep sketching and posting.:P

:)
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

76 Reviews

Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:38 pm
xGraceex says...

Thankyou, i added on the pointy ears though i cant remember why, i just made it into my own i guess
thanks for your reviews! :D really appreciate it
SOME WISE WORDS xxx

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:14 pm
Lord Anzius says...

Nice.... But is that the name of the movie???

I LUVED THE DRAWING.

I wish I could draw like that.

8,5/10 is what I give it.

More I sya. draw some more... LOL :D

LORD ANZIUS WUZ HERE :smt029
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:59 am
vox nihili says...

the patterns in their hair and all give it visual interest aside from the whole thing w/ the guy and girl. haven't heard of the film, but i love this drawing. it's not my artistic kind of approach, but i envy those of you who can make everything so exact. i also like the way so much of the girl's face is hidden, it adds a sort of tearful or fearful emotion to the whole image-this is coming from somebody whose never heard of princess monokoe. one strange thing is how the girl's face seems to be flat when u look at it from one way. love the guy's dimension, though. his looks three-d.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:05 am
Nutty says...

It's good... but I was looking at the girls face trying to figure out what made it look weird. I think the eye is in the wrong place... or maybe her ear. I'm not sure.
But still, I envy your artwork as always! :wink:
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:22 am
andimlovegalore says...

Aww how sweet =] they look really like they do in the film, I love his expression, really heartfelt. Adorable.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:38 pm
tdownes says...

Just like all your artwork, I suppose. :)
It seems you paused the movie at the perfect moment. I get that want, to copy stuff, but I can't..pause live TV...sooo..
Personally, I would not have added all those patterns into their hair, because for Princess... Mononoke (I have no idea), the straight lines detract a little from the life of the hair, and its shape and stature. Ok, I guess this is a cartoon, but the hair always looks 'alive' in some way or another.
And, also, the guy's hand: His thumb, lol. I'm guessing that's how you copied it, and it is physically and anatomically possible - but his fingers looks a little flat,. and this makes the overlapping thumb look like he's triple- or even quadruple-jointed. Shading is whats required to sort this, me thinks.
With nitpicks over, I really love the scene. It really captures the grief... {which is now giving me flashbacks of other heartbreaking things I've watched in my time..}
I don't what movie this from , but good job anyway.
I think that if you used a reference, you should post the reference along with your copy. Of course, this was an exception.
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:41 pm
piepiemann22 says...

I've seen parts of the movie and it fits. Well done :)

~Mr. Pie
I will always fight back, no matter what.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:48 pm
Kaylyn says...

I love the patterns. It really adds to trhe picture. Although I think you need to add some emotion to the girls eyes. She looks like she is staring into space. You know what look I am talking about right? The one where youre bored in class and turn and stare at something while you think. Yeah that one. Your guy looks like he is in despair. It looks really good. You might want to fix the thumb because it seems too short and angular. It needs some curves. Please dont take my critique too harshly. I don't mean to rip apart your work. Don't get me wrong though, it looks fantastic. THese are just a few nitpicks.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:39 am
miyaviloves says...

Aww I really like this. I like the patterns you used in it, it is really nice to see something different other than shading, it has made the hair look really different, I love it!

Only thing I can think of is maybe do some shading on his face? (Im just picking at things here as I don't really know what to suggest! ;))

All the best,
Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.
— Emily Dickenson