z

Young Writers Society

Realistic Girl

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:01 pm
artistpersona says...

Sorry for the bad quality, my scanner is acting up. I tried to touch it up in PSP (Paint Shop Pro)... *shrug*
I was basing this from something out of a magazine, incase you where wondering.
I could start severely critiquing my work, but I'll wait and see if someone else will do that for me. x)

Random avatar

Reviews: 64
Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:12 pm
bisquit says...

Wow, this is a very sophisticated drawing, i would never be able to piece together anything that compares! (my art always comes out cartoonish for some reason.) hehe
I love the fact that the character is looking in a different direction than head on, cos you really notice some prominent features including...the ear and the hair :)
plus i love the lines
because im not an arty person myaelf, i find it very hard to review drawings. however, i would say that you could perhaps give the body more shape
other than that, this was very good. :)
well done :)

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:09 am
Livinginfantasy says...

Like the above poster has said, the angle is good. I find that this person has very masculine features; was that intended?

The nose seems a little too pointy, the face is too rough, and he neck is too thick. Try softening her features. It will make her seem more lady-like.

I like the eyes and the lips, though. And her body is very nice also. It's very delicate.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:41 pm
xGraceex says...

I really liked it, the face had quite a strong jaw so it gives me the impression that she is a strong person... but her eyes seem very soft so she could have a much softer side to her personality, but nevejudge a book by its cover so i could be wrong! as in the other reviews the angle is good, slightly to the side is good because then you can see much more of the face and it is always more falttering than face on. I think t needs some more work though, the head is a bit out of proportion to the body but that cane eaily be fixed. I loved it, you must be well artistic! :D
SOME WISE WORDS xxx
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder
All true wisdom is found on T-shirts

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:00 am
sircoisoc says...

Ok... so I'll start my review with the good things.

1.- The lips: greeaaaat!, sexy but sweet, serious lips. Love them!
2.- The ear: pretty good ear! they are kind-of hard to draw
3.- The necklace and clothes: with a little more definition and detail, they would be incredible! loved the necklace... old style!
4.- hair: it is pretty good! The back bun is not that easy to draw!

The bad:
1.- The jaw and neck: waaay to man-y, when you draw women, the neck and jaw must be more delicate, even though you want to give her a strong face, if you only look at the jaw and neck, you'll see it seems like a man's face!
2.- the nose: less lines, more shading - the best way to go when it comes to noses
3.- eyes: they are weird! you should be aligned, one is like a front-face eye, and the other a 3/4 -face eye.

I hope you take my critique as a constructive one, if I was mean or something, please tell me beacuse that was not my intention! I simply express my opinion :D
--I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief--

Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs