z

Young Writers Society

Drew a book cover for twilight

Reviews: 3
Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:05 am
sampaguita-imagination says...

Tarnished.
Last edited by sampaguita-imagination on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm nowhere near perfect. So, are the rest of us. We live with our mistakes and try to learn from them.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:17 am
unsterblichkeit36 says...

how i wish i could draw like that
The bottom is beautiful, but the top twilight thing is a bit eek
-SaraRose

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:31 am

unsterblichkeit36 wrote:how i wish i could draw like that
The bottom is beautiful, but the top twilight thing is a bit eek

Yeah haha I know! I got so angry and I was tired lol XD
I'm nowhere near perfect. So, are the rest of us. We live with our mistakes and try to learn from them.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:06 am
SIC says...

Im going to be COMPLETELY HONEST. I am a huuuge fan of Twilight, I even go to Stephanie Meyer concerts and book release parties, And yes, Im a boy. I happen to enjoy a good vampire/romance
Now that I got that out of the way, Ill be completely honest (again) I dont really like this drawing. Its a bit bland and could certainly use work. It amatuer in my honest opinion. Keep on working though!

Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:14 am

SIC wrote:Im going to be COMPLETELY HONEST. I am a huuuge fan of Twilight, I even go to Stephanie Meyer concerts and book release parties, And yes, Im a boy. I happen to enjoy a good vampire/romance
Now that I got that out of the way, Ill be completely honest (again) I dont really like this drawing. Its a bit bland and could certainly use work. It amatuer in my honest opinion. Keep on working though!

Haha it's okay :D it's just of my enjoyment of drawing :lol:

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:33 pm
Via says...

It's not a bad idea in the least (though, remember that I don't know twilight and can't comment on it's relevence to the book). It's a pretty good start I think. You definitely have some skill!

A few suggestions:
-Consider using some darker shading. The shading so far is, as I mentioned, a great start. But, it could stand to be a bit dark simple so that the outerlines don't stick out as much as she do now.
-erase the random pencil makes. when using lead, it's very easy to smudge a drawing and end up with smudges all over the page. a lot of time normal pencil erasers will do the trick, but if they don't there are some very decent erasers you can find at craft stores that will work perfectly (though, definitely do not purchase/use a pink eraser. i suggest either tan or white. pink will literally leave pink marks instead of the smudge marks--not very helpful that way!)
-add some color. from what i've seen of the twilight covers, the background is always black and the picture is colorful as all getout. bright, bold colors. use them! :]

Great start! :]
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:18 am
jules4848 says...

although i am not a twilight fan i have seen the covers
and they actually have nothing to do with the story

there is alot of smudges which can always be erased

when i zoomed in i did see the initials of EB (edward and bella)
dont hide it in the shadows

it might look better is you made it thicker
that way your kind of making a bold statement

since the book basically is edward and bellas awkward relationship

hope this helped
Searching For An Explanations...
http://www.realityhitchhiker.blogspot.com/

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:01 am
Bella says...

Um... I can't see it?
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:29 am
JesusFreak says...

I do not like the book Twilight that much, but, looking at artistic abilities that is pretty good. I would suggest using color or making the black darker. There are also some smudges that stand out.

But I shouldn't be pointing out all that considering that it is 800 times better than I could do.

Anyways, good job.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:23 am
Firestalker says...

Nice fonts and picture though you should have tried to erase the pencil marks you didn't want to keep in the picture by either scanning it and then using a picture software to edit it or you should just try erasing the parts you don't want. Of course that's not a must its just a may.

Even without doing it the picture is excellent. Nicely done.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights