z

Young Writers Society

Fancy Yumi

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:52 am
Curlyqpride says...

I love this cartoon called "Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi", so I made this while I was bored, enjoy! lol.

Hello! I go by Curly!

I only give positive reviews because I don't like to give critism for some strange reason. :) If you would like a little sunshine in your story, please PM me!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:58 am
Clo says...

Ha! I used to love the Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi Show too. *is never going to grow up, EVER EVER EVER*

This really looks like Yumi too. Spot on! I like the way her hair looks, and her mouth is done very well too.

Fixer-uppers: Her feet should both be level on the ground. It also took me about to realize what the squiggly lines are for - but she's in high heels, and she would have trouble walking in them. Make her legs look more unstable, wobbly, maybe?

Also, on her left eye (HER left, not ours) some of the eyelashes are sort of crooked. And her left hand (again, hers), as she's clutching the purse strap - when holding the strap, the strap would be under her fingers, not between her fingers and her thumb. Think realistically - when you're holding, say, a rope or leash, the rope is under your fingers.

Very cute though! I love it! Yumi was my favorite. ^_^
How am I not myself?

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:27 pm
gamechanger10 says...

I have no clue what the show your talking about is. I've never watched it, but I think I might've heard of it before.

Anyway, this was really good.

The only things I caught were previously pointed out by clograbby.
The eyes are a bit lopsided and. The left eyelashes are a tad crooked.
The purse strap and all.

That's all I could get.

Overall, very nice work!

-GC10
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:43 am
Via says...

For a cartoon, it's really not too bad. A few suggestions, though:

-the hand on the right with the purse looks weird with the purse strap. it looks like she's holding it between her fingernails and her thumb (like a sign language "e"). usually purse straps are grasped fully with the hand.

-her heads kind of.....rectangular? i don't know if maybe that's how it is in the cartoon, but if not...watch that for sure.

-I would type up *guy whistles* instead of writing it...just to make it look a bit more professional.

-make the shoes the same in the back of the ankle.

-the hand on the right seems a bit....stiff haha.

Did you do this in paint?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:48 am
Curlyqpride says...

Oh ya, I did it on paint! :D
Hello! I go by Curly!

I only give positive reviews because I don't like to give critism for some strange reason. :) If you would like a little sunshine in your story, please PM me!

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:15 pm
Lauren says...

This is supergood for MS Paint. It's got a lot of character to it - love the eyes and mouth.
I think my friend Ruby used to watch that show. Is it Japanese...?
I also think you've done the little details exceptionally - the little intricacies on the dress and the skulls too. A star from me.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:51 pm
beautyandthefish says...

This is so adorable!
I think you did exceptionally well for using MS Paint,
I'm not artist, and can certainly not do anything like that on the computer, but I have to say that that was excellent for it's style.
Little glitches here and there with evenness, but nothing is perfect.

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:39 pm
miyaviloves says...

aww I can't see it :( please can you load this onto photobucket again??
Bag.

Got YWS?

The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances.
— Unknown