z

Young Writers Society

ATV Magic

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:39 am
BigBadBear says...

Hey! This is a picture of my oldest brother, riding his ATV. I took the photo and photoshopped it to make it look freakin' sweet. Hope you all enjoy it.
Attachments
250.JPG
250.JPG (74.82 KiB) Viewed 611 times
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:17 pm
Juniper says...

I think the concept is good, but you can tell that you smudged it. Try and make it more graceful, like I would suggest blurring the "motion marks" a bit so that it doesn't look too much like you used a smudge hand. It's a little awkward how the blur runs through his leg... The blurred parts of the picture are a little off, Like on the right side of the picture the ground looks irregular :D. So again, the concept is good, but it just needs a little fine-tuning :D Keep it up, and you'll have a masterpiece!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:52 pm
EsquaLeema says...

I agree with above, the concept is great but it needs a bit of work. I love the back wheel, the smudging on that is excellent, but one of the parts that bothered me was the right shoulder, it was barely smudged and so didn't fit in with the rest of the smudging. It just made it that bit more noticeable that it was purposely smudged. The ground doesn't fit with the smudging concept either.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:37 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

I love this picture! I have to strongly disagree with mostly everybody. I like how it is smugged in the back. It makes it seem like he is going lightning speed. I love it! I don't think you have to change anything in the picture. It looks like he is having fun and I wish I was riding with him. Keep up the good work!
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:12 pm
Manny says...

Tell your brother that riding next to black holes is dangerous! But seriously, nice job, it's nice to know photo-majickers.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:33 am
yoha_ahoy says...

Hahaha! I think this looks pretty neat actually! I don't have much to complain about! You just missed a couple spots with the custom blur in the background, but it's not that noticable. I like the smudging you did to make him look fast. That's pretty neat. ^_^ Looks like it was a nice photo too! You should work on photography some more! :)

~Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:53 am
Clo says...

I think the overall effect is very nice - the smudging on his body is good, but I don't think the smudging with the dust right. It looks very awkward, both at the back wheel and at the front. But I'm not familiar with photoshopping programs, so I'm not exactly sure what you COULD use to make it look right. I'm sure there's some effect that will make the dust look more realistic, but the dust shuldn;t have been smudged.

Overall, very sweet looking. ^_~
How am I not myself?

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:38 am
Via says...

Ha! Jared! That looks really awesome! :D

One thing, be careful on how much "awesomeness" you use on the black parts (like the back tire and the jacket). Too much can easily make it look over-tweaked and turn people off. But, only on the black parts because the background is just a light contrast that it really offsets it.

Also, watch the "awesomeness" in the bottom left corner in the dirt, doesn't really need to be there :] The dirt isn't moving!

Pretty awesome though!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart