z

Young Writers Society

Watercolor Sketches

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:26 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

I've been playing with watercolor pencils. Tell me what you think! :D I can take simple requests too! ^_^

-Yoyo 8)
Attachments
Photo 1.jpg
Cottage & Mailbox
Photo 1.jpg (78.04 KiB) Viewed 514 times
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:29 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I don't know anything about paintings or pictures drawn with watercolor pencils but its really pretty! :D
-Always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:37 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Hey! That's gorgeous. I want some watercolor pencils now. :D

I have a lot of different medias.

Got anymore? A meadow, maybe?
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:47 pm
Curlyqpride says...

very very very very very Vango. It reminds me of that one painting he did....Umm, I dont remember :lol:

Anyway, I think this is really pretty! You could sell it for cash the way I see it, lol :D
Hello! I go by Curly!

I only give positive reviews because I don't like to give critism for some strange reason. :) If you would like a little sunshine in your story, please PM me!

387 Reviews

Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:51 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

How about a mountain? A meadow shall be next though! Thanks for the suggestion! ^_^
Attachments
Photo 2.jpg
Mountain for Mesh!
Photo 2.jpg (86.43 KiB) Viewed 523 times
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

118 Reviews

Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:56 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Beautiful. Brovo. Brovo!
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

387 Reviews

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:07 am
yoha_ahoy says...

Here's that meadow! ^_^ I love nature.

Ooh... it's a tad crooked, but oh well! XD
Attachments
Photo 3.jpg
Photo 3.jpg (80.13 KiB) Viewed 506 times
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

118 Reviews

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:10 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Magnificent! How quick are you doing these?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:13 am
Clo says...

Ooh! I love watercolor pencils. What kind of paper are you using?

I like the first one the best. To be completely honest, the other two look like they were done too quickly and the blending isn't as nice as the first. Plus, the first has more color and more of a surreal look to it, while the next to are somewhat dull.

Very nice though. Have fun with the pencils!

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:11 am
BigBadBear says...

These are really, really good! Though (surprisingly) I have something to comment on them.

1. This house is my favorite out of all of them. I am in love with this one. I love how it looks like there is a wind blowing through the trees, because of the smudge. Nothing to complain about with this one. The colors are utterly fantastic!

2. This one is good, but there is this big white spot on the right hand side of the paper. What's up with that? The reflection doesn't show though very well, and the water is a tad dark. The mountain is too perfectly... perfect. I guess. Didn't your art teachers ever tell you that mountains don't really look like candy corn? O.o

3. This one is my second favorite. The only complaint that I have is you should combine a group of those lovely flowers out in the field together, so they aren't all in a group of the same flowers. Does that make sense? Instead of having a bunch of blues flowers together, combine the blues with the reds and that'll be very pretty.

Great job.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:30 pm
gamechanger10 says...

the first one is definately the best.
though, in my opinion, the trees that sort of spread out in front of the barn rather lowly was a tad odd, but that's just me.

the second one was alright. I think that the center mountain was too...normal? I'm not sure how to say it.
it's just that the way it goes upwards seemed too straight and the lines weren't rigid enough.
it appeared to me as just a poorly drawn triangle.

the third was good. I agree with BBB that you should intermix the flowers of different colors.
I like how the meadow was kind of slanted into the woods/trees (if you tried that) *wink*

Overall, nice job.

-GC10
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:17 pm
canislupis says...

Hi there!

1: Beautiful shading, the trees and background were magnificent, and they really set the mood. The house for me was so-so, since the way the eaves came to a point was a bit lopsided. The house in general I think could also have used some depth. The fore-ground also lacked depth for me, and resembled a bunch of multi-colored scribbles. Overall, though, this was a really pretty and thought-provoking drawing.

2: I like the lake in the fore-ground, and the shading on the greenery is really pretty. My biggest peeve about this drawing is the fact that everything is so symmetrical. The lake is perfectly round, and the mountain is a lopsided triangle with a perfect snowcap. Look at pictures of mountains. Do they actually look like that, or are there jagged rocks, glaciers, and rough snowcaps? just something to think about.

3: My second favorite. I know you said it was lopsided, but I actually thought that that was a good touch. I also really like the shading, and the flowers in the foreground. The grass is also good in the foreground, but in the back, again, it looks a little too symmetrical in the placement of the flowers and the way the grass is layed out. Also, why is there a spot of really light color in the upper right-hand corner? Just curious.

So over-all, I think my favorite was the first, and then the third. :) You really have a knack for using this media!

Oh, and don't take my critiqe to badly, 'cus I was mostly just pointing out the negative things instead of the good ones, which wouldn't have made a very good review. ;)

See you around!

~Lupis

118 Reviews

Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:28 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Wow! Long reveiws.

387 Reviews

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:45 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Just as a note to everyone who replied, these were simply SKETCHES. Haha. I am very grateful for your in-depth critiques, don't get me wrong. But I know they have plenty of mistakes, and such, I'm just doing these very quickly. As to the weird white spot in the corners... I just didn't paint anything there, and that's the corner my light was shining on and was also typically the side I held it up to my webcam to take the picture. Haha. So with the bend in the paper from my fingers, the bright lamp there, and no color it all adds up to weird white spot. Sorry. :p

To answer your question amber, I did these in about 15-20 minutes each. And Clo, computer paper. :D

Thank you all! More may be coming... >.>

DUN, DUN, DUN!!!!

-Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:00 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

1. I love this one! Something about that smaller tree just pops right out and screams, "adore me!" ( Haha, it's just a happy little tree. < /bobross > )

2. Even better. I love the ripples in the reflection on the lake.

3. Best of all! I'm enjoying all the bright colors, especially on the flowers in the foreground.

All in all, these are great sketches, and they're all very cheerful and fun to look at, especially number three! You gave me a smile, and that's great, because I needed one. :)
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

Go in fear of abstractions.
— Ezra Pound