z

Young Writers Society

Big Bad Bear

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:02 pm
BigBadBear says...

Hey! This is my first post ever in artwork, and I know that this really isn't that good, but this is me. Or... what I would look like in Bear form. And bears are awesome. I know the front leg is a bit... longish, but I love this picture, especially the snout.

EDIT: Er... my computer's being stupid and won't let me add an attachement. As soon as I figure this out, you'll see a picture.

EDIT 2: My computer's freaking stupid. It's not working. The attachment isn't attaching! I'm so angry right now. I'll keep trying.

EDIT 3: I even had to go so far to create a photobucket account. -.- Hopefully this link works.

-Jared

EDIT 4: Yay! I fixed it. No more need for a link.

Last edited by BigBadBear on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:05 pm
Bittersweet says...

Ah, nice! I didn't have to sit there or anything and try to figure out what it was at all. It looks just like a bear! You're right, the snout is very good. Very... bearish? Heh. And that front leg is a bit long, like you said. The torso is also a smidgen too long. I love the russet reddish-brown fur. It's a very rich, nice color and jumps off of the page. The texture looks good too. All in all a very nice drawing. Far better than anything I can do with pastels. o.o

The Awesomest One
Last edited by Bittersweet on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:36 pm
Blink says...

Hey!

This picture's great, and you're right, bears do rule. That front leg is a little long but I love your style! At first I thought the white bits were lighting but now I can see the features and how you drew them, so I would fill in all those white gaps, then rub in a bid of white here and there to give a cool effect. You might find it beneficial to make the front leg bend so that it appears to be running.

I love it aside from that :)

- :smt102
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:44 pm
Twit says...

Cool! Very nice! What did you use?

The front leg is a bit too long (duh, obvious moment, follow the crowd, sheep over the cliff) and perhaps you could add a bit more neck in there? Make the head stretch out a little. The right ear (my right) looks a little tacked on, perhaps.

I only really noticed these things after goggling at it for a while. On a first impression, and overall, it's really nice! I like the way you showed a few hairs here and there, without making the whole bear look like a pincushion. :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:13 am
Prokaryote says...

No critical comments because I don't know anything about art, but it's pretty good! Props.

Pork

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:19 pm
Lauren says...

It's lovely! You know, to me, it looks like it belongs in one of those dear little children's picture books. I can't really criticise... I like the colourings, also.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:03 pm
gamechanger10 says...

This is nicerificastical (that's my word, don't steal it)!
The front leg is a tad long, but that's okay.
I love the coloring.

I love the picture!

-GC10
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:08 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Awh! Jared! I love the bear. that's awesome. your still my teddy though! XD I love the pic! I'm not a huge art fan, so all I can say is that it's great. Sorry I can't be more help. =*(

Jamie

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:06 pm
canislupis says...

Nice drawing!

Here are some things I noticed:

The head in proportion to the body is a little small. Bears in general have really big, jowly-looking heads. The head also looked a little cramped, 'cus you made the torso so long.

About the torso, again I think it was a little out of proportion to the size of your drawing. It also seemed to get smaller towards the head, which isn't really a characteristic that bears have. I also would have liked to see more muscle, particularly on the shoulder, neck, and back legs.

On the other hand, the color and shading is very well done, and I love the angle of the left front paw.

See ya around!

~lupis

Reviews: 2
Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:07 am
ravens doll says...

this is really really good!
I loven the colors in the fur and the sky. The different browns you added make the fur of the bear look real and the blues in the sky look really cool.
Though the torso looks like it gets smaller as it gets closer to the head. So the head looks a bit small.
But I really love the picture and I love bears and I wish I could draw them.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:07 am
xhalcyonx128 says...

I realize that this comment is essentially pointless, as there is no critique, but I had to tell you how adorable this picture is :-D
Be obscure clearly - E. B. White

Got YWS?

Reviews: 2
Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:48 pm
letsPaintTheTown says...

that has got to be the cutest bear ever. If I had a choice of what bear to be eaten by, I'd choose this little sweetheart!
haha, good job!
you're an artist! :)
yeah, your heart breaks deep and you're feeling like there's nowhere to go... -When Your Heart Breaks Deep, by David Dondero

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:49 pm
Sexy Sadie says...

Very nice! I try and draw, but like most in this world, I usually fail. I did once draw a very succsesful picture of John Lennon though, (although his head was oddly out of proportion) but I showed it to a couple people and they knew who it was, so that's all that really counts, eh?

I like it and the front leg is fine!

Did you just draw this for fun or was it for a school project?

Anywho, really bad crit, huh? -Hits himself in the head multiple times-

-Sadie

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:34 am
hannahh. says...

this is good because it looks bear like.

faces are hard to draw on peope things animals... anything.

and you did it. greatly. btw. =D congrats.

i rly like it.

i also like the color u used. u did not just color the bear in brown.

the hair is blended well n such.

*smiles* goodjob.

~ hannahh.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:37 am
cheese9975 says...

Oh my goodness, it's brilliance!! It really looks like a bear, and I love the position it's legs are, that makes it more realistic, I think. I love that you used pastels, as well, when someone who knows how to use them uses them, it always looks fantastic. Keep going! I want to see more!

xoxo,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain