z

Young Writers Society

Sarah

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:46 am
Bittersweet says...

This is my most recent one. I was up in my room all morning doing this. I think it's pretty good. The face is a bit elongated than the regular length of a human head, but I only realized that after it was way too late to fix it. I'm pretty proud of the hand because that's usually my weakness and it looks quite decent, except for maybe the pinky finger... Her eyes might also be a touch too long. Anyway, here it is:
Attachments
Sarah..jpg
Sarah..jpg (20.81 KiB) Viewed 517 times
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:01 am
BigBadBear says...

Holy crap. Holly. This. Is. Ultra. Epically. Amazing.

No crappin' you. I love it. You are such a fantastic artist! You should submit this to like... I dunno. An art show. It's so good. I've seen your other drawings too, and they are amazing. I'm so jealous.

Her hair is outstanding. Er... I wish there something wrong. Wait. Her eye, like you said is a bit long. Yeah. And that's about all. Amazing job.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:09 am
Cade says...

I love it! I do envy people who are good at drawing.

I think the line of her knuckle is oddly straight and firm. Err...the size of the face actually looks fine to me!

-Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:30 am
day tripper says...

Hermm, this was vury good:D

But, the only two problems I
have are that
1) her hand looks either a
little too blocky or her nuckles
lining is too... straight.
2) there is this bump in her
arm and I'm not sure if its
a muscle or not but it is a
little distracting.
A little less inhuman.
A little more brutal.
Let the blood be your drug.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:36 am
The Queen Of Doodles says...

OH my GOSH! This is, like, so awesome. :lol: But there are some mistakes.

> Her upper right arm sort of has a bump...
> Her nuckles are too straight.
> The eyelashes on her left eye are longer than the ones on the left.
> Her pinky finger is thin.

Other than those mistakes, I think your drawing's wonderful! I wish I could draw as well as you can. :D
Call me Judith...or Sushi Man...or Pipsqueak, Carol, Knorr, Dagsbunny, Dith, Chups, Leah Jr., Nagaraya, Due Date, Braces, Jill, Jet, Sweetheart, Metalmouth, Jude, Mommy, Maria, or Bibi. Yeah, I know, so many nicknames. Pick whichever you preffer.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:31 pm
Curlyqpride says...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

I can't really say anything else, the detail you put in here is extrodinary, and she looks so real. I love her hair, and her make-up, you did a really nice job!
Hello! I go by Curly!

I only give positive reviews because I don't like to give critism for some strange reason. :) If you would like a little sunshine in your story, please PM me!

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:23 pm
Lauren says...

This is fantastic, bittersweet! The shape, the tone, everything. It's very human, very feminine. My only issue is minor - just that the hand's a bit square. But come on, it's great! You've got the proportions a lot better than you did on the Mr Rochester one and the hair's done well.

Clap clap!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:58 am
Via says...

It's pretty good!

A couple things to watch:

-make sure things that should be matching are. i.e. the eye shadow is different from eye to eye.
-the left arm (my left) does have some definition, but be careful how much definition. I think it sags just a little too much. But, in the same manor the right arm has absolutely no definition.
-the hand seems to be a bit big?

I love the hair! The curls are lovely.

Don't be afraid to use dark lines, though. If you mess up, you mess up. Dark lines add definition and confidence to a piece. Plus it helps to add a little shading, and makes it seem more natural I suppose, if the supporting lines are dark.

Pretty good work! :D
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Reviews: 2
Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:28 pm
Amblur` says...

Dang Holly, I'm jealous. I can't draw people for anything. I love the hair. The only thing I thought was weird was the bump on her arm (is it supposed to be there?). But besides that I think it's an awesome picture!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:53 pm
lit-chick-4evva says...

~jaw drops in amazement~
Wow! That is an amazing drawing! I would give a lot to be able to draw even half as well! Hehe. I can't draw. At all. :oops:
I know absolutely nothing about art, but I agree with others that her hand is a bit square, and I'd make her nose a little shorter.
But heck, it's a million times better than I could do!
Keep drawing....you have a lot of potential. :D
You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:20 pm
Sportgurl46 says...

this is really good :) i only have a couple things:

1) i agree with day tripper with the arm thing. it is distracting.
2) you could use a lot more shading. shading is kind of what brings drawings like this to life.
3) her hand looked really funny to me. i don't know how to explain it and i know hands are hard to draw, but maybe try and fix it?
4) her right arm looks really small. is it behind her or something? if it isn't meant to be behind her then i suggest making it a little thicker.

other than those things i think that this picture is really amazing :)

happy drawing :)
omg lol thx HD!

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee