z

Young Writers Society

Dusky's Art (HEAVEN FORBID!)

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:09 am
Duskglimmer says...

I've been working on a style of drawing people for a few years now, mostly just to amuse myself. I've finally gotten it to the point where I'm actually happy with the way things turn out. A friend of mine told me that I should use the style in a comic or a picture book or something, but I'd never really thought of using it for anything other than to entertain me and a few friends. I wondered what other people thought of it, so I figured I'd post one of my drawings up here. Please comment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/ ... color3.bmp

If anyone wants an explanation:
My boyfriend often says that he was born in the wrong decades so me and my friends enjoy imagining who he would be in different time periods and who I would be. This is what we dreamed up for the 1940s. My boyfriend is a gangster sort of fellow, and I just stole his revolver.
Last edited by Duskglimmer on Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 am
Shriek says...

Oooh, I like that. It's simplistic enough to go into a comic book, but at the same time, very original--I've never seen any style quite like it before. I wish the picture was a little bit bigger so I could have a better look at it . . . but from what I can tell, it looks good. The outfits are great too. I love the 40s--everything was so sharp, so polished then. ^_^
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

447 Reviews

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:24 am
Duskglimmer says...

Thanks. I'm working on getting the picture bigger... I don't know how it ended up being so small... *thinks about blaming her computer but realizes it was probably her fault somehow*
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:25 am
Shriek says...

You're welcome. If you ever need someone to resize anything for you, just let me know. =)
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

447 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:22 am
Duskglimmer says...

Imagehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Duskglimmer/cutewoswordcolor.bmp

Here's another one... please comment...
Boo. SPEW is watching.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:50 am
Emma says...

Pretty!! The colouring is really good xD

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:12 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Hehe, thats pretty good. Yep, good colors.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:40 pm
-KayJuran- says...

yay prettiful!

yeh that would look really good in cartoon strips or something... you should
have a go and show us! :P

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:47 am
Snoink says...

Nice!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

447 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:31 am
Duskglimmer says...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/ ... ycolor.bmp

I was bored and thought I'd experiment with different poses... I don't have any idea why she has wings... *looks innocent*
Boo. SPEW is watching.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:54 am
Emma says...

Wow I really like the butterfly! That is a really good one!! Omg, its pretty! What you should start doing is putting shading in...

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:51 am
Sponson Light says...

Shading and highlighting!

The faces look the same : (

Original style. That I can say. And originality is the best thing ever, because people CANT get confused and accuse you for art stealing.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:14 am
Elizabeth says...

it's adorable! yeah and the faces do look the same... well it's my bedtime...:P

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:22 pm
Harley says...

i like 'em. i love how they're so simple, but they manage to have detail.especially the butterfly type girl- the seam of her shirt moulds in to her arm beautifully.

personally i'd prefer the eyelids to not be a full shape, rather to have a space at the top, like:

(sorry, just did that in like a minute)

i really love your style and hope to see more of your work up here soon

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:37 am
Sponson Light says...

Harley wrote:i like 'em. i love how they're so simple, but they manage to have detail.especially the butterfly type girl- the seam of her shirt moulds in to her arm beautifully.

personally i'd prefer the eyelids to not be a full shape, rather to have a space at the top, like:

(sorry, just did that in like a minute)

i really love your style and hope to see more of your work up here soon

Thats because real eyelids arent detached as shown by a full circle.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind