Attachments
Maoist_Rebel_in_Nepal.jpg
Maoist_Rebel_in_Nepal.jpg (72.27 KiB) Viewed 645 times
How am I not myself?

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:03 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Hey, I remember seeing this on d-art. I though it was beautiful.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:29 pm
Blink says...

Wow, that's gorgeous.

I actually really like this--in particular the face. In my opinion the necklace is a little small but it fits in nicely. I'm not sure about the patch just under the hair--you've done some beautiful shading, why not try a little more, eh?

I'm not sure what that ring is at the back, maybe emphasise it? Overall--lovely! Post some more, I love your art.

:smt102
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:07 pm
gamechanger10 says...

wow. this is great.

i think that your shading and style is wonderful.

not much else to say.

Beautiful!

-GC10
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:14 pm
pegasi_quill says...

That's a really good picture - fantastic shading, goo proportioning, very realistic drawing. i really like the pencil work, and you've made your image come alive - well done!

The only thing I'd comment on would be the lips and the chin - the lips are a bit... sharp, if you think about it, and the chin is a bit small. But this does not make the picture any less effective.

Fantastic! :D
~Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You can never tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things~

Away until August 31st (possibly longer)

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:53 pm
View Likes
ProfessorRabbit says...

She's hot. :) I think her left eye ( our right, looking at the picture ) is a bit slanty, kind of crooked, but it doesn't seem to detract from the overall piece, and I certainly couldn't do any better! I like her ponytail, and I love the shading in her eyes. Beautiful. *thumbs up*
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:15 pm
StellaThomas says...

This is beautiful. My only complaint are that her eyelashes on the bottom are really thick. But you certainly have a way with that shading, I am muchos impressed by the nose (even if the ring is kind of freaking me out). nice job!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:38 pm
savetheoceans says...

This is gorgeous! *Thumbs way up* Your amazing at shading and the eyes are really expressive.
"Destiny is not a matter of change, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
- William Jennings Bryan

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:20 pm
Curlyqpride says...

WOWOWOWOWOW.

I love this drawing, what espeicailly caught me was the the eyes you made, it is fantastic.

The shading is really good, and I love the clothes you made. AWESOME JOB!!!
Hello! I go by Curly!

I only give positive reviews because I don't like to give critism for some strange reason. :) If you would like a little sunshine in your story, please PM me!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 am
Via says...

I actually really, really like this!

The only thing I can really suggest is a bit more shading on areas other than the face (i.e. the shirt, and other clothing/articles). Also, maybe put the hair a little bit closer in the part, just seems a bit too wide to be an actual part (she's got so much hair with that wide of parts! =] ).

The face is really quite good! Only suggestion is the eyes are a bit too large for such a delicate face. But, it's not something I noticed until after I stared at it for awhile, so it's not in immediate need of changing. The lips are great (the thing I struggle most with) but don't forget the detail on the right side. The nose is also wonderful.

Good work!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:38 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Wow you are an amazing artist! I'm so jealous =] I can never quite get the hang of it myself. This picture is just so pretty. I love her expression, she looks so hardcore! If that makes any sense at all. I can't really critique this because I'm no artist myself, I guess I just wanted to say I liked it.

Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.
— Ellen Degeneres