z

Young Writers Society

Rain in the Desert

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:55 pm
Teague says...

Some photos I took of the rain out of my bedroom window. These are the more "artsy" ones. And they were taken with my camera phone, so they're not of the best quality? xD Forgive me. And I'm an amateur photographer, so no expecting ZOMG AMAZINGNESS. Because then I will just feel bad. xD

Anyway!

#1. Random crooked shot of my street.

#2. This one was supposed to have a clearer background, but the auto-focus went berserk. I still think it looks okay.

#3. Featuring a street light and my brother's car. Pardon his lack of a full set of hubcaps. xD

#4. A sepia shot, similar to #2.

#5. Streetlight vs. Sky, Sepia edition.

#6. Streetlight vs. Sky, Black and White edition

#7. My neighbour's roof plus trees.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:55 am
myfreindsavamp says...

#3's funny :D
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:27 pm
Blink says...

Hey!

These are really nice pictures, the rain reminds me of England (it's always raining! :( ) Number #4 is a little blurry, it's hard to make out but the rest are great! My personal favourite is between #3/#7. I like those because the wise aspect of 'desert' is created but there is still something to focus on.

Nice pictures for an amateur, I can't take photographs to save my life but hey!

And I can't finish without saying... ZOMG AMAZINGNESS! in a loud voice!

:smt102
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:11 pm
pegasi_quill says...

I really liked #3 and #7. The rain gives both of these an interesting effect - they look very cool indeed :)

However, the others look a bit plain, and the rain doesn't really help them, in my opinion. Like #5 and #6 - there's too much empty space, no offence or anything.

Still, they're interesting pictures - keep up the good work! :)
~Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You can never tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things~

Away until August 31st (possibly longer)

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:50 am
Sportgurl46 says...

i have to say that my favorites are #1, #2, and #7. the sepia ones are a little ify for me because they just look funny. sorry. but the ones I listed are really cool looking :) great job :)
omg lol thx HD!

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein