z

Young Writers Society

my small colection of oil pastels

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:58 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Here i go. Now this is an atempt. Now, let's see what you think.

http://ambercoultis.deviantart.com/art/foot-91328305 -Atempt number one

http://ambercoultis.deviantart.com/art/ ... d-91359439 -atempt number two

http://ambercoultis.deviantart.com/art/sun-set-91359936 -Atempt number three.

How good are they?
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:19 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

I tried to look at them, but the web-blocker won't allow me to access deviantArt. :( Maybe post them as attachments?
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Clo says...

If you're not gonna use a scanner to upload things on dA, I would suggest placing the piece of art on a flat surface in a very bright room - then cover your flash or turn it off and take a picture of it from a direct, straight-on angle.

This will make it much easier to view.

I love the hand one! Hands are very difficult things to draw - I find them more difficult than any other part of the body - but yours looks lovely.

Very nice! :D
How am I not myself?

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:15 pm
cassie17 says...

These are really nice. I have so much trouble drawing hands and feet, even when I'm looking at my hand so I SHOULD know where all the bends, wrinkles, etc. go in the fingers and I still can't get them to look right!

Oil pastels are awesome. I especially like them for drawing landscapes because they blend so well. You should try that--you have a lot of potential.

--Cassie
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

I am hopelessly addicted to Disney music from the classic animated films.

"In a world of my own, everyone would have a dozen bluebirds."

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:32 am
chocoholic says...

Well, I'm not good at art, but I'll try my best.

Foot- This was a bit hard to see because of the angle the picture was taken at. Apart from that, I thought the actual foot was a bit fat considering the size of the leg. It just didn't seem right.

Hand- This was really good. It really looked like a hand and I liked the brush it was holding, although I think it would look better if the brush was straighter.

Sunset- I like the hand, but I don't think blue and purple were the right colours to use for a sunset.

Great work!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:39 am
Sponson says...

Good technical skills, but the blending and smoothness of the pastels have a lot to be wanted. They're pastels, don't be afraid to mix them around.

118 Reviews

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:36 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

I don't have a blending tool. I tried to blend some of the colors in the sunset but they kinda didn't blend.

One minute and I'll try to get up a flatter pic of the foot.

And I'll try and get them posted on photobucket for those who can't get into d-art.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:13 pm
Jon says...

hey, i saw the first one a foot right? anyway it was just ok, maybe you could but the drawing on a darker back ground?

the hand, ahh the hand well what can i say? i didn't like this one personally because it look a little deformed, but thats ok you can add to it to make it look more shaped

and the last drawing, i loved this one yes it was only a hand but it was my favorite to look at because of the yellow streaks coming from it it looked like a magic hand.

after that crit you are probably saying what a horrible crit, you would be right because i don't crit art very often and i thought i would give it a go, so sorry if it didn't help

keep making art o_0

---Jon---
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

118 Reviews

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:53 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Hey, here's my foot again. It's flatter. and I hope it doesn't look fat. That's my foot. :(

http://ambercoultis.deviantart.com/art/ ... 2-91588517

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith