z

Young Writers Society

Something Random

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:38 am
FinalFreedom says...

These are just some random pictures I took of my dogs and cat. Misty, the cat, is unfortunately gone now, as of May 23rd. A few of these are old, the last 2 are new(ish).

*Hopefully they aren't too big :? *
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:23 am
ChildofEden says...

Bwaha, how I do love animals! These kind of remind me of my random shots of my dog, Jake, and my cat, well....I guess she goes by a lot of names. Either way *ahem*, I really like these pictures. I'm always a fan of shots that just kind of show life unposed and unplanned! I especially like the first one with your cat! She's got sort of this "Are you done yet?" look that makes me chuckle. Muy bueno!

~ Eden
The Future Belongs To Those Who Believe In The Beauty Of Their Dreams. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

My God, oh how you've changed me; broken, shaped, and rearanged me. How you've knocked me down so you could pick me up.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:26 am
Sleeping Valor says...

o.O

wow. These pictures are really clear! XD

I like them. I think the best one is the cat, because of the sort of interesting negative space that surrounds it and the backgrounds that accents it. The others are nice too, though. ^_^ All in all very pretty. It makes me feel like starting to take random pictures of pretty things. :D

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:11 am
Speele says...

Nice camera, I can see. I love photos two and three. they are both very alive and wonderful to look at. You just wanna cuddle something! Definetly gave me a grin, which is always good. Improving my life span, one grin at a time. Thank for that! Bye!
A writer is someone who writes. Nothing more.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:25 am
chocoholic says...

These are really cool. They're really clear and so cute. And despite not being much of a cat person, your cat is gorgeous! I love her!

How many dogs do you have? Oh, and what breed are they?

I don't really like the second picture, because you can't see the dog as well since he's turning away from the camera. The picture with the little dog is really cute, though.

Great pictures!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

17 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:02 am
FinalFreedom says...

chocoholic wrote:These are really cool. They're really clear and so cute. And despite not being much of a cat person, your cat is gorgeous! I love her!

How many dogs do you have? Oh, and what breed are they?

I don't really like the second picture, because you can't see the dog as well since he's turning away from the camera. The picture with the little dog is really cute, though.

Great pictures!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! I'm kind of surprised, I just use a regular digital camera o.0

As for the second picture, I just love the way he kind of blends with the background. And the first one, i love that one too, Misty never was one to like having her pictures taken, but she never looked bad in them.

I have just 2 dogs, the ones in the pictures. The gray one is Mylah, and the red merle boy is Roscoe. Mylah is Bearded Collie, Airedale Terrier, Schnauzer, Chow Chow, and Old English Sheepdog. Roscoe is Labrador Retriever/Australian Shepherd.
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:33 pm
Wojovox says...

Good pictures. Almost professional level. I imagine you have a high resolution digital camera to aid you. But some of the angles can only come from a good creative eye. Keep with the photography, you seem to be a natural.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:53 pm
Gabe says...

you must have great camera

the third picture is a bit awkward
all wars are civil wars, since all men are brothers

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:58 pm
Jon says...

i loved all of these except where the dog is barking and you took a photo of it.
my very favorites was the cat in the first picture and the dog in the first dog picture
i really have nothing to review
sorry, i know it's a lame crit but every one else has said everything

good job

---Jon---
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:07 pm
gamechanger10 says...

the best pic--in my opinion--is definitely between the cat and the second picture (first dog one).
the dog picture because of the off-centered type approach in it as well as how part of its tail went out of the shot (if you tried that).
i really liked the cat picture just because of the confidence that the cat seems to have.
its looking directly at the camera, too. wow. i can never get my pets to do that.
and the solemness that its eyes held was very interesting--but i guess the animal always looks like that.

the collection in general was extremely clear.
great work!

-GC10
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

Reviews: 4
Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:48 am
Scarlett says...

Your camera must be really nice, these are so in focus! They are really amazing.

The only one that I really didn't like what the 4th one down, it was a bit odd looking down a doggies throat.

The rest of them are really fantastic, and I would love to see more of your work in the future!
Peace and Love,

Lettie

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:14 pm
Blink says...

These are all lovely! The one of the dog in the snow, has to be the winner for me. The one of the two dogs in the garden is very cute, but it's hard to focus on either since they are very far apart, and there's a lot of dead space in the middle. The focus on the cat in pic #1 is very effective.

#3 looks a little blurry, the dog's ear seems to be disappearing into the background. It gives a sense of movement but the dog i very split up.

Lovely photography!
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:51 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

wow!!!

I love the cat one, also i have a tabby cat called misty. Its sad to no shes gone.Also the last one is really good, its really clear and bright.

Lovely photography!!!!!!!! :D

These are wicked.
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

17 Reviews

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:14 am
FinalFreedom says...

Blink wrote:These are all lovely! The one of the dog in the snow, has to be the winner for me. The one of the two dogs in the garden is very cute, but it's hard to focus on either since they are very far apart, and there's a lot of dead space in the middle. The focus on the cat in pic #1 is very effective.

#3 looks a little blurry, the dog's ear seems to be disappearing into the background. It gives a sense of movement but the dog i very split up.

Lovely photography!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! As for the camera, like I said, its just a regular digital camera o.O And as for #3, that isnt his ear in the BG, it just looks that way, its his tail. I zoomed close into his face on that picture.
Anti-Peta.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:11 am
Rascalover says...

OH GOSH! How beautiful i love these pictures. Maybe it's because Iam such an animal lover, but you my friend have talent. These pictures just pop. They caught my attention immediately, which isn't easy to do at 2 in the morning.
Love it!
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

I like to create sympathy for my characters, then set the monsters loose.
— Stephen King