z

Young Writers Society

Cara

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:41 am
Bittersweet says...

Is it bad to say I'm super proud of this one? :| The others weren't nearly as current as this one--I drew this a couple of hours ago. The hands, I know, are terrible... they took me at least twenty minutes to get them to look more like hands and not lumpy potatoes, and then I finally just gave up. I had loads of fun creating the dress and hair, though they took me just as long as the hands. It's the fashionista in me, I suppose. Hee hee.

Little, if you happen to be reading this, I headed your suggestions and advice while drawing this, and it was exceedingly helpful. I admit, it's not nearly perfect, but you improved my skills a tad. :D

Holly
Attachments
Cara.jpg
Cara.jpg (27.34 KiB) Viewed 496 times
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

253 Reviews

Reviews: 253
Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:27 pm
CK Lynn says...

Wow, this is really good. Seriously, I like to draw, but my hair always comes out looking like someone dumped overcooked linguini noodles on the poor person's head. I think the hands are good, but what are those band things on her arms? I would say to lighten the shading for her collarbones, they seem too prononuced.
"Just saying none of us want to conquer the world won't stop some other idiot from trying."
~Liberty and Justice, by Paul Dini

www.batmanworldblog.blogspot.com

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:40 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Very nice picture... I love how you created "wind" in the picture. You can clearly see it because of the flowing hair and the waving dress. The girl reminds me of Belle from the Beauty and the Beast when she was dancing with him in the ballroom. Anyway, great drawing, very nicly detailed. Now all you need is to color it or at least give it a background. Good luck and best wishes! 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

Random avatar

Reviews: 254
Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:24 pm
mikedb1492 says...

Wow, way to go with this one. Very detailed. I think the best part is the hair, the way you made it flowing in the wind. The folding and clothing are both good as well. Also, the face is far better than I can do.
Overall, great job.
Trying to get to heaven without Jesus is like climbing to the summit of Mount Everest naked. You die before it happens.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:28 pm
Medusa says...

I really love the hair and the scarf...It's artistic, detailed, and beautiful. The only thing I would add--is detail to the end of the dress...It seems just to end. But very, very good!

--Medusa.
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:58 pm
Maybe says...

This is amazing. You did a great job with the detail, especially in the hair. The shading is nicely done. The only thing I can really point out for you to fix/improve is the face. It seems almost too round. But maybe that's just me. Otherwise, this is great!

Why not put it in color? I think it'd look even better that way. :)

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:04 pm
numeroix says...

Great work!
It's very pretty and detailed. You must've spent a lot of time on this.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:35 pm
ChildofEden says...

Wow, I really like this! I love drawing, but somehow I can't seem to get clothes to look that good! Kudos for you!

The only thing I would really suggst is to work on the face a bit. The mouth seemed almost a bit too big, and like someone else said, the face is a bit too round.

Other than this, muy bueno!
The Future Belongs To Those Who Believe In The Beauty Of Their Dreams. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

My God, oh how you've changed me; broken, shaped, and rearanged me. How you've knocked me down so you could pick me up.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:27 am
View Likes
chocoholic says...

Wow! That's really beautiful. I can't draw well to save my life, but I really liked this. I wish I could draw that.

The face seemed a little squashed up, and the placing of the hands seemed a bit random, I think they'd look better somewhere else.

The dress is beautiful. I wish I could draw something as great as this.

You might want to go over it in a darker colour, because it's a bit light and can be sort of difficult to see on my computer screen, but I could see it and I love it.

Great job!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

Reviews: 2
Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:29 am
Amblur` says...

I love it Holly! The hair and clothes are perfect! Man, I can't even draw hair...it usually turns out all crappy and weird looking. The scarf is very good. There were only two things that bugged me:

1. Her right cheek is kind of dented.

&

2. Her hands look awkward and a little flat.

Other than that, I think this came out very nicely! Keep up the good work! ;D

~Amber

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:54 am
Anonamuse says...

Nicely done, but I noticed a few things that could use a little work.

-Her facial structure seems to be off, her cheeks appear to be a tad big, and her chin should taper off a little more.

-Her arms seemed a thin, but drawn well none-the-less, I didn't look closely at her hands.

As for her clothing, I envy you, I wish I could design something that looked at that good. The folds are well done.

-Anona
Apartment 37 where flying cell phones, and burnt frying pans are the norm.

"Tinks a disneyCENSOR"

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:10 pm
xGraceex says...

I love it, its like how i imagen a princess or something from a fantasy story, i thought you did the hair really nice and it all flowed, not just your pencil stabbing into the papare with strait lines lol. i have only just realise since posting my own stuff on here hw different everyone is on here in there drawing techniques. i sort of jump strait in, no outline, no plan, just me and my pen and if i make a mistake i quickly make that istake into an extra leg or something lol. i really liked your picture, and by what you said at the top you must be one of those people who might think too much when they are drawing, my best advise i can give is to not think at all, get some scrap paper and start doodling hands and feet and faces and just random stuff and soon you will do it without thinking, thats what i do :P
great picture - you are a great artist! :D
SOME WISE WORDS xxx
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder
All true wisdom is found on T-shirts

582 Reviews

Reviews: 582
Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:27 am
KJ says...

I would suggest work on the hands - they could be way more realistic. Make them stand out; they're placed so prettily, it will only add to the drawing.

Otherwise I do like this. You should be proud :)

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:31 am
Kaylyn says...

Okay, the drawing looks great but.... (yes here it comes.)

the hands need to be worked on they seem flat and very 2 dimensional. You want to round the sharper egdes to make it appear not flat. The lips are a bit to full, make them a little smaller.

I know its hard to draw people, especially the ones in your minds eye, it why I mostly stay to landscaping and inanimate objects. :)

I love the way you did her hair, and the dress, it looks like there is movement in the picture and I love that part.

Good luck and keep drawing!
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:42 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Hey Bittersweet,

Alright bad news then good, but i love the drawing,

Her face is a wierd shape he chin is a bit of a wierd shape,

looks a smuged and very flat,
use different pencils,
try a sharp 2h pencil,

Good news

The detail on the dress and hair is good,

but adding shadeing with a 4b and b could help you.

xxxxxxRebbeccaxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxx
xx
x
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

As the notifications drift in I stop and wonder. Why do they take so long? Do they have adventures we don't know about? I bet they do. When they come I will ask myself. What amazing adventure has this straggling notification been on? How far did it travel, and why didn't it take me?
— TypoWithoutCoffee