z

Young Writers Society

Flowers in Suburbia

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:42 pm
Dreami says...

Hey guys! Here are a couple photos I took yesterday around my yard. =) Critiques are definately welcome, please be harsh.

I took this picture on June 15th, 2008. I blurred around the edges, and upped the contrast slightly on the flower.

This one I think is really cool. I took it yesterday also. I *barely* upped the contrast, otherwise, this is exactly how it was on my camera.

Another one taken yesterday. This silly little flower was so hard to get a picture of, but I like this one.

This one turned out pretty cool just with the black and white filter on my camera. I may play with the contrast on it a bit though.

Thanks for the comments all, they are definately appreciated!

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:18 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Wow.... I'm impressed. The first three pictures are really great. I love how thee camera brings the main part of the picture out and has a certain gloe about it and I like how the background is blurred, but not to blurred out so that you can't see what it is. The forth picture is nice and creepy. Black and white pictures are the best! You did a wonderful job! Keep it up. See you later. Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:26 pm
SishBee says...

I like the second and third photo but the others were a little boring.

The second was unusual and the slight change in contrast brought out the red in the tree.

The third is very delicate and subtle and that is why I like it.

The fourth picture is a little creepy, but sadly, I think that is all. I like the reflection in the window so I agree that you should toy with the contrast a little to emphasise the monochrome.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:50 pm
HC says...

The second and fourth are very good. I think you should have upped the contrast on the second one somewhat more, to get a bit more of a intense effect.

The first should have been more stunning in the way of colours. Maybe play around with the curves and levels to make it a bit darker, and then use the contrast.

The third was nice, but a bit more of a blur would really help with focusing the image on the flower a bit more.

And the last one should have more contrast too, I think.

Reviews: 2
Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:25 pm
Thais says...

I really like all the pictures. I loved how you found such beauty in everyday neighborhoods!

I like the first picture, but I think it would be even neater with more flowers around or behind it. The third picture was overall my personal favorite because it was so different from the rest.

The picture with the window, I think I'd try taking it with the blinds up! See if you can try that, it might have a different effect.

Good luck with the rest of your photography!

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:21 pm
Raimunda says...

J'adore! The flowers are really in focus, which is gurrd. I think for the last one, you could have make it a photograph of another flower, because it's kinda just a picture of a ranndom house, but apart from that, its really pretty. I love the perspective on the tree, the way we see it from the bottom up.

You could run your own nature magazine! I'm sure there are lots of suburban people who would love that!

xxxxx
I just hit my computer
Because it was being slow
I need my daily Smallville fix
And it will not load the video.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:06 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I like the flower pictures the best. They seem so fragile and so alien at the same time. It was well focused. The tree bark picture wasn't as impressive, the background was so bright and blurry. If the bark was towards the center, it might look better.

The house shot wasn't bad, but it didn't seem to have anything interesting going on. The brickwork is a nice detail, but it is just one in a picture that is sorely lacking it.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:24 am
chocoholic says...

These are really cool. My favourite is the first one. The third one is a bit random, but it still looks cool.

I don't really like the third one. There was something about the shape of the flower that really annoyed.

The black and white one was good. but I think it would have been better if th tree was further down so it covered the inwdow a bit more.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:24 am
Tharlam Gyatso says...

Howdy.

I really like the second shot with the peeling tree bark. It is beautiful.

So I thank you then for guiding this newbie to the photography thread. It may have gone unnoticed for some time had you not posted.

:lol:

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:53 pm
Dreami says...

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I'm looking into getting a DSLR [the Sony A200] once I can get money. My current camera is a little point and shoot.

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:27 pm
Scorpia says...

Like the flowers the most, there is a brown...thingy, leaf maybe, on one of the rose leaves. I would of brushed it off but beside that teeney weeney thing, the pics are great! Makes me want to grab my camera! lol, :)
Scorpia
Feel the urge to give some constructive criticism? Why not give it to these stories?

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1298113/Scorpia710

The poetry of the earth is never dead.
— John Keats