z

Young Writers Society

Snowy Trees

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:28 pm
Mathlete says...

This is just a picture I took while I was cross-country skiing near the administration building on the U of I campus.
Attachments
Resized Ad-Lawn.jpg
Resized Ad-Lawn.jpg (336.9 KiB) Viewed 371 times
9/5ths of the population aren't good with fractions

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:05 pm
writ3rindisguis3 says...

Oooh, snow! Wow, it's so white. I like this picture! Florida never gets any snow and I'm jealous. ^_^

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:10 pm
Firearris says...

Woah. @_@ Very white..and cold looking! xD How deep was this snow? I've only had snow like this..twice. XD I like this picture, it looks really nice, and the building also looks nice with it.

^_^ Great picture!

`Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:38 am
blacktiger3915 says...

I love snow. It's sooooo pretty! And deadly..... but this picture is very well takin'. Down here in Georgia, we see snow, but it's not really heavy. When it's just 1 inch of snow, the schools close and every store including Wal-Mart. The snow I saw in the mountains of West Virginia were beautiful. Anywho, loved the picture.
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:04 am
Essence of BloodLust says...

Beautiful! even though i'm not a big fan of winter, i love snow and the way it looks! You captured it great and how it lays on the branches and building. Greaaaaaaatttttttttttt Job! Snow Snow Snow! lol
Your smile is like a cheap imatation of heaven,
(Ah, the joys of similies)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:21 pm
Novelism says...

Wow that's beautiful.

I love winter, and I think that just summed it up. Almost, untouched. I loved the angle there, of the path kind of, and the trees leaning over. It would be nicer if we had something to focus on, but not bad still!

Lovely picture, little more to say :-)
If a pianist is part of pianism, racist people believe in racism, and sexist people believe in sexism, what is a novelist?

"Novelism"

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:17 am
Rydia says...

I wish that more of the building was visible but it's a very beautiful landscape photo and I love the random lamp-post, though it does make me think of Narnia XD

There's nothing particularly interesting about the angle, however, and I think you should trim the bottom by a few centimetres but in general, it's a very pretty photo.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:02 pm
xxfourthelement says...

The light was beautiful when you took this photo. Winter always looks beautiful, even if it doesn't feel so nice, and the photo captures the essence of ice-cold.
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:58 am
ChildofEden says...

Oooo, but I do love winter shots! Thank you for making my day!
I really wish you could just move those back branches a bit so you could see the building a little bit better, and push the bottom up a bit, but other than that, I really like this! It's very peaceful, and wow, now that you mention it, it really does remind me of Narnia! Not a bad thing, of course.

~ Eden
The Future Belongs To Those Who Believe In The Beauty Of Their Dreams. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

My God, oh how you've changed me; broken, shaped, and rearanged me. How you've knocked me down so you could pick me up.

We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain