z

Young Writers Society

Deep Creek

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:48 pm
day tripper says...

I'm really into modeling and photography, so I took some while visiting my cabin in the mountains!

This is from when I was standing on the top/edge of the waterfall:

Muddy Creek Falls:

My favorite that I took!

Another:

This is my 17 year old brother's girlfriend, Chelsae. Here she looks like a little kid, I love it:D

The Rocks:

haha, I love this one of my brother:

I liked how straight-legged his pants were with the perspective:

My brother and his girlfriend(:

And that's it. Hope you liked them!(:
A little less inhuman.
A little more brutal.
Let the blood be your drug.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:21 pm
Jennafina says...

1. It's a little hard to get oriented in this picture, and the angle looks a little sloppy. I think it would be better if you cropped out the closest rock to the camera.

2. I love this; it's very striking. My favorite thing about it is how it almost looks like it's in black and white, or sepia, until you see the green of the trees. Also, the contrast between the dark water and the white foam is great.

3. Very nice! It looks like an add. It's a really well balanced photo; one third sky, one third water, and one third trees.

4. I don't like how you can only see a tiny corner of blue sky. I'd like it better if you cropped about half an inch off the top so the sky wasn't visible at all. It would look more dramatic and less asymmetrical.

5. This is a great picture. She looks pretty, and goofy. I think you could improve it even more by upping the saturation in the picture so the colors are brighter. Just an idea you might want to try.

6. The sun here is too bright-- it's distracting, and makes it hard to look at the scenery.

7. I'd like this one more if I knew your brother, I'm sure. It's a cool photo, but it's not all that interesting to me.

8. I like this one a lot better. It seems to suggest at a story; he looks brooding. The water and trees are a tiny bit out of focus, though.

9. There's so much energy in this picture! It's great, I really like it. The colors are bright, and everything looks happy.

10. I don't like this one as much. It's too zoomed in, and parts are out of focus. Also, neither of them are in very flattering poses. It looks too tippy, as well.

Thanks for posting these! The scenery is gorgeous. You're very good with a camera. :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:04 am
Snoink says...

The waterfalls might be a little bit cooler if you actually made it so the camera had a longer exposure to it. Then the water particles wouldn't look as they do now, where you can see every individual drop. Instead, it would have a stream, and that might be a very cool effect. ;) Of course, you would have to play with your camera to see how you can do this. I think digital cameras might be able to do this, but I could be wrong... :?

Your brother is awesome, by the way. I love the picture where he's kicking at the tree. Very rad. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:19 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

I love all the pictures! I guess I liked them a lot because I love nature!

I wish I had a cabin in the woods. Sadly we are not rich. :cry: It's ok. :backtotopic:

The waterfall pictures are so beautiful to look at. The rocks, trees, and the blue sky sets a calm mood. Your brother and his girlfriend looks happy and cute together.

Keep on taking pictures! Peace. 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:39 pm
survivorgirl258 says...

My 2 favorites are probably the one from the top/edge of the waterfall and the picture with the sun beating down on the rocks, looking up.

I thought the one from the top edge of the waterfall had a very cool perspective.

And the one with the sun beating down was just nice and also had a good perspective.

The waterfall with the clouds is pretty, too. And the one with just the waterfall looks just like a postcard you could buy from a store! (even though I know it isn't!)

Overall these pictures were good. I didn't care for the 2nd picture of your brother and girlfriend, but the first one was good.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:13 pm
niccy_v says...

They're all pretty sweet.

The last picture looks too much like a happy snap, and the flash just brings out too much light.
The one of his girlfriend is sweet, but you'd be better off zooming in on her face or cropping it down to focus on her face, and leave out the huge amounts of detail that clutter the image.
Waterfall photos are brilliant. Next time try to muck about with settings to make the water 'flow' and slow shutter right down and use a tripod/rock etc so you bring a graceful appearance to the image, and the water isn't as turbulent. Just a simple thought.
Your brother's photo is wonderful when he's sitting down. You could improve the photo by making it mildly sepia or b/w, adding a little touch of elegance perhaps. The boots make him appear older and bolder which is pretty good.
Writing gives my life purpose

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
— Thomas Edison