On Books and colours

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:22 am
Sohini says...

Enjoy these composition photos!

1. Violet

2. Pale Gold

Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:55 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

There so pretty!

Make more! Please?
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:00 pm
Lynlyn says...

I really love the second one! I don't think I'd be able to find half that much gold stuff in my house. The composition and the lighting are both so nice.

The first one, I think, would be better with a different book (a more old-timey looking one), and would be more cohesive if the shades of purple matched up. The violet on the sheet, the book, and the beads are all different hues, so it doesn't really draw it together as well.

Still, an interesting idea! I never would have thought of doing that.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:48 pm
nilou-and-amani says...

The second one is really nice! It could seriously be an ad for something, i don't know what but something! I love how all the golds match but contast at the same time.
I didn't really like the first one though, it was kind of..flat. If you improve the lighting and take it from a better angle it can be just as beautiful as the second one!

Nilou
"Security is mortal's chiefest enemy"- William Shakespeare

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:20 am
Sportgurl46 says...

wow, these are amazing :)

i love that you took the time to put these together and take just the right pictureto make them so beautiful :)

i have a question, how many shots did you take before you found just the right one to put on here?

again, these are beautiful and i would love to see more :)
omg lol thx HD!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:40 am
Via says...

Well decent, for sure!

1. The only thing that concerns me is the book. I figure it's just because the cover of the book is a bit worn and bad-quality (printing-wise, I mean, composition) but from a quick glance it looks like the photo is out of focus or the setting are a bit weary. Possibly choose a newer, crisper cover? Other than that, it's great. I love the colors, and especially that the book is called "the pale horse" and that the letters are in grey and purple. The background confuses me a little bit, though, and would suggest a steady background to avoid white edges.

2. This one is absolutely gorgeous and looks like something taken for a wedding album, only minus the hands and rings. The gold is amazingly bright and eye-catching. Would like to see all of the glasses, though.

Great work!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"