z

Young Writers Society

Fun in the Sun

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:06 am
Maybe says...

Content deleted by user.
Last edited by Maybe on Mon May 23, 2011 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:48 am
Sohini says...

Wow, you've got talent!

The moments are all so well frozen in your shots and the clarity of the photos makes me want to steal your camera.

I think the poses are all nice and very sunny. The warmth of a day out on a beach has been captured well.

Only for the "Fly" the sea and sand look blurred and hard to make out.

And I wish the model/subject would keep a nicer expression. I mean the "fun" doesn't really show on her face. It would be better if she were screaming out for joy or having a serene smile.

Also, for "Squish" the head-out-of-frame doesn't seem to work for me. I suggest you crop the torso too and only focus on the legs.

But on the whole these are really enjoyable shots.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:57 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

These look very good. You do have talent with that camera!

The first one looks like a professional shot it.

I was mad that the second picture's head was cut off.

The third and fifth pictures are my favorite.

The only complaint I have is that the background lighting is to light. Other than that, these were excellent! See you later! :D

(I'm critiquing the pictures from the bottom up)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:34 pm
Firearris says...

Hello! These are cool pictures, but I'm not sure I would buy them, maybe I would buy them off StockPhoto, to use in something like a presentation.

Anyways, Only a few things bug me. The background, is way, way, too bright! >< Also, like said above, maybe crop the Squish one, and maybe get a better expression on your face, if possible, because these look like you don't want to do it, and it is very hard. But besides that, these are nice pictures, and you should consider going to www.istockphoto.com and you can sell them there!

Good luck,

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:29 pm
Lynlyn says...

These are all really cool. I love the movement, it must have been really hard to get those shots timed perfectly. As far as the editing goes, they're really a bit washed out in every one except the first. See if you can separate the foreground and make that high-contrasty and overbrightened without totally washing out the background with white.

Try your luck on istockphoto, I have a couple friends who post their renders there and make a little money on the side to help pay for college. It's good stuff.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:11 am
View Likes
ChildofEden says...

Baha these make me smile. I love how you've managed to completely capture that one millisecond and freeze it on a picture. Personally, I have horrible luck with this kind of thing.
Anywho, critiquing wise, some of them look a bit blurry and almost TOO bright. You can hardly tell what's sand and what's sky. But if that was the effect you were going for, ok, good job getting it!

~ Eden
The Future Belongs To Those Who Believe In The Beauty Of Their Dreams. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

My God, oh how you've changed me; broken, shaped, and rearanged me. How you've knocked me down so you could pick me up.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:25 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

these are really good, if you haven't thought about college i'd do photographer if i was you.
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:27 pm
survivorgirl258 says...

I really like the first picture out of all of them.

I can never get people frozen in air like that with a camera, no matter how hard my friends try.

Maybe I need a better camera, though.

Still, all of these pictures are really good.

I didn't care for the one of the backside and the one really bright, but they were still good.

Overall, I'd say you have talent.

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud