z

Young Writers Society

Compilations of a Teenage Girl.

Out of the 3, which picture is your favorite?

I love all :]
No votes
The first
20%
2nd
60%
3rd
20%

Total votes : 5

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:11 pm
thewritingdoc says...

I'd rather write about this world than live in it
    and I'd rather play music all day
    and read and wander around bookstores
    and watch humans
    but not be one of them.

Reviews: 1
Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:37 am
Zeon says...

The pics are awesome I give you that. Although they are a too big, next time try photos more smaller so we have more ease at admiring them ok?

------------------
One cannot fail twice
But can he suceed twice?

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:50 am
itz cuz i luv u says...

hey i love the whole natural affect i mean the grass it looks very greenish and that complements alot can u plez review my story its summer 08 thanks =]

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:45 am
Lynlyn says...

If I were you, I'd try to downsize them a little. Right now, they're a bit too big to appreciate. Try opening them in paint if you've got Microsoft Windows. Go to Image > Sketch and Skew and resize it to about 50% in all directions, then save.

It also looks like these need to be rotated - so right click on them when they're in whatever folder they're saved in, and see if there's an option to open it in Microsoft Photo Editor and rotate them so they're the right way up. If not, sometimes OSs like Windows XP have a built-in feature where they let you rotate pictures with a menu in Windows Explorer. Pretty cool, yeah?

Anyway, can't wait to see them when they fit on my screen!
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:16 pm
summergrl13 says...

Yeah, I totally agree with Lyn.

They are stretching out the whole forum thing and I really can't get a good feel for them because they're too big to just look at.

Also, you shouldn't do photos vertically when you paste them here. Just do them regularly because that adds to the complication of critting this art work.

I do like that they aren't the same girl every time. But you should do a few more pictures.

Let me now when you do that and then I'll crit them! 0(o.o)0
I will review for you! PM about it if you need one!

Come check out my new story at topic53543.html

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:04 pm
View Likes
HC says...

I agree with the above comments. But this is what I felt about them anyway:

1st: It's out of focus. Good composition, nice backdrop, but the blurriness of your face really looses any impact it may have had. I would try it with your face in focus, and it would be so much better.

2nd: This one is nice. Soft lighting, happy smiles, very candid but cute. Again, try focusing it a bit more, and try to control the light more at the top (different angle, perhaps).

3rd: I loved the colour of the grass, and all the colours in this. Very natural, very peaceful. I think you should lower the aperture a little, if you're using a camera that allows you to do so. It's a bit too bright for my liking, and that should help.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:02 am
ChildofEden says...

Oh wow these are big. Like really, wow!
I love the natural feel to these. Really, it makes me smile! It has the whole "Remember when" feel to it! Gosh now I really feel like going and looking up all my old jr high girlfriends and taking silly pictures.
Anywho, way to go the natural way and say "Booyah, this is me!"

~ Eden
The Future Belongs To Those Who Believe In The Beauty Of Their Dreams. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

My God, oh how you've changed me; broken, shaped, and rearanged me. How you've knocked me down so you could pick me up.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:39 am
chocoholic says...

The pictures are really big so they stretch the screen. They were also on their side, which made it hard to see them. All the photo's seemed really out of focus.

I couldn't really see them very well because of the size, so I can't say a whole lot, but I'd lke to see them if you made them a bit smaller.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

Life is a banana peel and I am the fool who dared to tread on it.
— looseleaf