z

Young Writers Society

Muse's Magical Gallery of Mystery!

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue May 27, 2008 10:58 pm
Muse says...

Best alliteration I could come up with. Haha. Since i was far too slow at getting my art into the YWS gallery, I'll just post some stuff here.
Enjoy.

Just an acrylic painting I did. Its supposed to be scary/horrible looking.

This is a pencil drawing of what some might remember as my avatar. Its actually huge. I mean, massive...I'll show a photo of it WITH me so you can see the scale..

see! :). Its massive, no?

Some sketches i did.

Photograph from a fire show I went to recently. Quite chuffed with it.

And another..

Edited for caps in title -Mesh
Last edited by Muse on Sat May 31, 2008 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri May 30, 2008 4:02 am
Sohini says...

Hmm...interesting gallery.

1.>.< It is scary and has a gruesome atmosphere.The colours are just right. Well done.

2. Fabulous. All those shades with pencil colours are so professional. And the drawing itself deserves special appreciation.

The third pic got me confused.

Sketches: The lines around the lips look a bit distorted for all of them, but the shading is nice. (Ahem, I know nothing about shading, so forgive my lame adjective.)

The Photographs:
Very nice. The black background vs. the rich yellow flames are a treat! Excellent focusing, keeping in mind the light situations, and thumbs up for the magical feel in the shot.

The first shot especially is grand.Reminds me of Dustfinger.

:lol:
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri May 30, 2008 5:19 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

1. This painting reminds me from something from the movie "The Grudge".

2. I really love this one! The color is outstanding!

3. I see a lot of your other pretty drawings and you! :D

4&5. Very good pencil drawings.

6&7. I'm a pyromanic, so I will cherish those pictures.

You are extremely talented! Keep drawing. :wink:
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:59 am
Firearris says...

Wow! You did pretty well on achieving your goal on the first one XD

The Second one is interesting, looks like the people are happy, having fun, and yes, that is HUGE! O_O

The Third I don't really care for, the person on the right has too small of a head also.

The Fourth, you did a good job on! But it doesn't really catch the person's attention.

And The Fire show pictures, are pretty cool ^_^ Nice shots!

Keep up the good work!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:15 pm
Lynlyn says...

Wow, these are really nice... you have so much talent. (I missed the deadline for the YWS art show as well.)

The first painting is really cool, I like how you combined those colors to make it look creepy versus just going monochromatic or doing it all in red.

That huge pencil drawing is... well, huge! And the girl looks like you. I'm assuming that's intentional.

The sketches are great. I'm really jealous of the second one because I'm guessing it's in pen - soooo hard. I always, always, always screw something up really really badly when I'm working in pen. Is the first one pencil? The only thing about that one is that the one shadow on the right-hand figure's right shoulder seems a little drastic compared to the lighting in the rest of it, but maybe that's just me.

The fire show pictures are amazing. I'm always impressed when people manage to get such excellent photos in low light (though I suppose all the fire helped!). Great photography.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

Reviews: 1
Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:57 am
Zeon says...

1- Woah, fantastic and scary at the same time. Nice work tho
2- Awesome pic, it almost seemed as the picture is real with the color and texture
3-All those portraits are really cool, you must have been really inspired to do such an awesome job.
4-Grumpy people O_O yet sweet. Keep it up ^^
5- Uhh, nice nice XP
6-I want to do that @_@ -attempts to do it- MY TONGUE! ;~;
Hehe, awesome, I really love those kind of entertainment

This pics are rich.
Keep up the good work in those drawings ^^

--------------------------
You can decide to enter between two doors
1 of them is that you are loved by one person and hated by the rest
The 2nd one is that everyone likes you and that person didn't know of your existance

Both are really convincing

But you will always get hurt by one side.
You decide.

Reviews: 2
Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:13 am
gυиѕнσт says...

Muse.
Very nice. I really like she shading you did on your portraits. You seem like quite the artiste :D
I know this is a pretty crap crit... but.
χχχ gєиєνιєνє χχχ ∂єм cαяєєя иυн ѕтαят ωєll, gυиѕнσт ѕєи∂ ∂єм тσ н є ℓℓ, fσяту fινє α ѕ к є ℓ

- Critique much?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:53 pm
Crawfy says...

Hiya!

These are all very nice--my favourite is most likely the first. I also the love the second--but I think there are two clashing styles (e.g., the blurred gradient/shadows on the faces, and the liney lines.) I can't quite see what the ball-y things are though, but they drawn well whatever they are!

The first fire one is great too--although I think it's nice as the others because it's more a picture than a work of art (still lovely!)

*looks at wall full of pictures*

*jaw drops*

Wow! You are a really talented artist!

Good luck!
D'eh! C'est Crawfy!

Got YWS?

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:38 pm
Alteran says...

I like the acrylic painting, the faces are very proportional and have a great abstract quality.

The coloured pencil one is really cool. I'm terrible with them, but you pulled off a very life like image with a soft color scheme that I think is just amazing.

I like the sketches, the top one is really good. very lifelike and I love how their faces are all contorted. the second sketch scares me a little. I think cause it's so bam, the shading is more contrasting than smooth.

The photos are great! what camera did you use cause those images are perfect considering they are motion. Fire is so pretty. Makes me want to burn something.

Overall you are very talented. All of these are well done and you are great with people. I hope to see more from you.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

GET ON IT PEEPS
— Nate