z

Young Writers Society

Black Rose (coloured)

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri May 23, 2008 1:49 pm
Fan says...

Hi there, anoter computer drawing from myself. I think I've improved a lot if no one minds me saying. So this is Black Rose, a character from (yet to be started) Ballad. I'm almost donw coloring at the moment, might put it up here if it looks good. Right now.....it's taking me too long. :(

Whoops, i deleted my clean lineart. Sorry for the funny lines, I had to go back on a coloured version, where I've blended the lines into shading.x_x

Last edited by Fan on Mon May 26, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reviews: 0
Fri May 23, 2008 10:55 pm
Invisibellepoet says...

Wow! It looks so cool!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun May 25, 2008 12:30 pm
pegasi_quill says...

That looks great! :)

Hmm, only thing I'd say is watch out for the leg; the right one looks a bit thin in comparison to the left one.

Are you going to put any colour on? Colour would look great :)
~Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You can never tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things~

Away until August 31st (possibly longer)

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun May 25, 2008 6:54 pm
Aedomir says...

That is very nice.

Perhaps you could put in some colour? I am finding that my eyes are being lost through the so many lines, and some basic colour or shading may help to distinguish parts of the body.

A very impressive drawing, well done. I love the sword at the back also, and the level of accuracy you have put into this.

Great, post some more,
Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

161 Reviews

Mon May 26, 2008 10:45 pm
Fan says...

Hurah coloring has finished.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Wed May 28, 2008 12:16 am
BigBadBear says...

It's like, seriously awesome.

Except the hair. It looks like she was from the '60's or something. But otherwise, it was fantastic.

But seriously, that hair is not that good. Could you go back and maybe lower it, or get her a haircut or something?

lol

A haircut.

Haha

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed May 28, 2008 5:31 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Wow :shock: . I thought the non-colored drawing was good, but the colored one is so pretty.

One question. Is it a girl or a boy?

Anyway, love the drawings! You should draw some backgrounds, like bamboo or something.
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu May 29, 2008 11:51 pm
wwjnd says...

Um yeah they're both good but i'd advise to make the music notes a little more legible... i couldn't see them very easily
How nice--to feel nothing, and still get full credit for being alive.
-Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

161 Reviews

Fri May 30, 2008 12:08 am
Fan says...

Thanks for the comments. I'll heed the advice for the future, but I won't be changing the artwork as I'm working on a competition piece. I know you mean well, but I'm not going to change the hair either as I like it and I think it helps defining the character's messy nature.

Oh, and it's a girl by the way. (I just usually point to breasts, but no one can see me point -_-)

582 Reviews

Reviews: 582
Fri May 30, 2008 12:10 pm
KJ says...

Wow, this is cool. And you did this on the computer? Wow.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri May 30, 2008 7:05 pm
little.angelfire says...

It's really good, fan!!!!

Except, what's bothering me most, is that there's too many wrinkles. The clothes do wrinkle when you bend over, but not quite like that. right now, the wrinkles are making her look a little...lumpy...When making baggy clothes on a girl, you still have to make them bend a little to her curves, because clothes still form to the body. So just keep that in mind when doing another drawing. Check out some people when they're walking and stuff, it helps a lot!!! (believe me I do it aaaaall the time XD)

the shadings really, really awesome, though!!!

--meow ^.^
Climb inside my belly button beanbag plastic world!

161 Reviews

Fri May 30, 2008 10:19 pm
Fan says...

Thanks, it's little nuggets of info like that whuch make me wish I'd taken up art as a subject. That way, I wouldn't have to spend so much time learning through trial and error. My new peice already puts this one to shame >_<.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Fri May 30, 2008 10:37 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Great job but I do agree about lumpyness. She looks funny. Yes her hair should stay the same.

Great job again.
-Amber
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat May 31, 2008 2:46 am
Firearris says...

Woah. The first one, good, but then with the color..BAM! Amazing! The arm on the right looks a little deformed, and the right leg needs to be bigger. =D Other than that, amazing, great job!

~Arris~
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat May 31, 2008 4:52 pm
little.angelfire says...

haha, don't worry Fan, trial and error works just fine. I never took art classes except for the one's that were forced upon me in elementary and middle school, but those never really focused on things like this.

Seriously, just look around you and pull your friends out, or just random people if you're brave like that XD, then just put them in whatever pose you need them to be in, and try to draw it, or at least just use them to see how clothing fits around them, how shading looks on them, take a look at perspective, or to just see how the body can move.

It'll take a while, but you'll get it eventually. ^.^

--meow
Climb inside my belly button beanbag plastic world!

To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.
— Tony Dorsett