134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Tue May 06, 2008 9:58 pm
aestar101 says...

Here it it I hope you like it.
Attachments
100_0003.jpg
100_0003.jpg (289.08 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar
Like my opinions a lot? Let me critique you. topic29146.html

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Tue May 06, 2008 11:31 pm
Sachiko says...

Ohhhh, that's pretty. Very nice! I especially like the rose. ^_^
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Wed May 07, 2008 12:00 am
Kepe says...

Wow, it's kinda a cool pick with all the shadows. Oh, and you made me hungary. Not nice :-)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed May 07, 2008 12:01 am
Rydia says...

You've got an excellent use of shadows and to say that there are only a few objects in the photo, the space is actually used very well. The angle is interesting and having it all facing towards the corner is great.

The colours work well together and the boxes and cakes (can think of no better term/ name for them) are positioned well but I think the leaves of the flower could have been placed better. It would have looked nice if the one that's spread out was curled inwards a little more and those hugging the stem of the flower were moved out just a touch.

It's generally very good though and the simplicity works so nicely.

However, I wish there wasn't that line across the bottom right hand corner. I don't know if it's the edge of a table or something but it's really prominent and draws the focus away from the flower and boxes and cakes.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed May 07, 2008 2:43 am
LunaBuna43 says...

Ooh!
I really like this!
I like the rose more than anything else...
Really good aestar!
Awesome, Great, Amazing even!

~Lulu
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed May 07, 2008 5:26 am
Snoink says...

That's not a cannoli...? *confused*

That is, "cannoli" is Italian for "little tube" and the pastries used in the display don't really look like little tubes at all. This is more representative of a cannoli:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cann ... iliani.jpg

Anyway, I would like a little bit more of a focus on the pastries. They look slightly blurry to my eye for some strange reason. I also think they aren't the central theme of the piece, which is quite sad. Pastries, cannolis or not, should be always there in the forefront! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

582 Reviews

Reviews: 582
Wed May 07, 2008 7:17 pm
KJ says...

I liked everything but the background... it's too boring and dark for me. It would be better with a more striking, bright background, Ithink. One that will not draw complete attention to the objects...

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Wed May 07, 2008 9:50 pm
JFW1415 says...

I loved it! It's so simple, the items so perfect.

Maybe rearrange the flower? Right now the stem is falling off a bit, and it's bothering me.

Also, I think the lighting should be relatively the same through the whole thing. Right now, one side is very bright, the other very dark.

However, I love the effect the shadows give. Maybe just center the light a bit?

Overall, I loved it. It looks like it should be in a magazine. :wink:

~JFW1415

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Thu May 08, 2008 1:05 am
MidnightVampire says...

I must say one thing before I bite my tongue off from being annoyed at it: I think that's a tulip, not a rose.(or at least it looks a little more like one when I think aboute it, or i might be different to roses that look different)
I repeat everything they said about lighting, and the stem.*nods*
Very lovely pic. though, well done.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sun May 11, 2008 3:46 am
Sohini says...

Nice composition and the shadows make the picture very warm. Me likes.
the colour co ordination is great!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu May 15, 2008 12:44 am
nilou-and-amani says...

I love it. There's something warm about it and your color coordination was terrific i love how you chose simpile colors that complemented each other so well. I like that you chose a plain background as it allows all the focus to fall on the conolis(which look so tasty!!!) I would have changed the angle though you could have chosen one that adds more focus to the centerpiece but the only true flaw i is the bottom right hand corner it doesn't suit the picture.
"Security is mortal's chiefest enemy"- William Shakespeare

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:45 pm
tdownes says...

I like the way you've arranged the objects - it's inventive and clever.
Though already mentioned, why can't others see that the flower is clearly a tulip (or something in this range)?!
I'm not suggesting we now all become mass studiers of flowers, but I think most people can tell the difference of a tulip from a rose when they see a rose or a tulip. Get some pics, or something, y'all.
I am merely having to agree with everyone else:
1. The edge of the table or whatever shouldn't be there; it ruins the perfection slightly.
2. The way you've arranged the food, for me, reminds me of a helter-skelter. (Don't ask) Also, I have a dire craving for cake or something pastry-like now. *reaches out for cake*

You could improve this, touch it up as little on Photoshop (or a program similar), y'know, make it a little clearer, perhaps? :)
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:36 am
Scorpia says...

Me. Want. It. Lol, it looks yummy, lol. The tulip (it ios a tulip and not a rose like someine said right?) is pretty. That is my favorite color tulip besides pink. It's pretty even if it's kinda large on my screen. Maybe make it small if at all possible, hhhhmm, I'm hungry now. Lol, cool pic. Wish i had something to take a pic of, hehe.
Scorpia
Feel the urge to give some constructive criticism? Why not give it to these stories?

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1298113/Scorpia710

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare