z

Young Writers Society

Pixel Art

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri May 02, 2008 10:37 am
Robin says...

Okay so I was looking through my stuff and came across somethings I want to finish/fix:

1. Image

I'm not sure what color I should make the floor in the downstairs main room I don't like what I have there so far. And I noticed I didn't even put a front door on there...So I'm probably going to chop off half of that room and throw an entrance there with a sidewalk and path leading to the door. This isn't finished. http://i32.tinypic.com/2gwvyma.png I use griding for the floor levels and such... and bright obnoxious colors for it because it stands out to the eye when I'm coloring it regularly so I can distinguish where to stop.

2. Image

Fixed up the shading on the body and face. Tried taking away the black lines. I think I like #2 and #3 the most...

3. Image

I used to make a lot of these when I was eleven. This is one I made fairly recently (kind of). But anyway, what I want to know is if it looks like it's: Waving or Rubbing it's head? It's supposed to be rubbing it's head but I realized that it could look like it was waving...so I don't know I need to figure out how to make it more obvious that it's not.
Last edited by Robin on Thu May 08, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Fri May 02, 2008 1:35 pm
JFW1415 says...

Heads up: I'm no artist. :wink:

1. No comment...I think it's cool. *Shrug*

2. It took me a while to figure out what pose it was in. Watch the position of the wings, and the head is kind of hard to see...but I can see some shading.

3. I hate the heart; it hurts my head. I guessed it was rubbing it's head, though, since it's eyes are closed.

Hope I helped? If not, I got my review count higher. :lol:

~JFW1415

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri May 02, 2008 3:54 pm
SuicideKing says...

Picture 1:

Very interesting. No exactly a choice of art seen every day. I especially like the garden, with the tree.

Picture 2:

Looks almost professional, in all honesty. Something you would find in an old RPG back when graphics were hand drawn.

Picture 3:

Amusing, though the hearts is pretty spastic and makes my head want to explode. To make the blob appear to be rubbing its head instead of waving, you might add a frame in the middle to slow down the motion, since rubbing your head is a slow motion and waving is a quick one.

--King
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.”

--Kahlil Gibran

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Fri May 02, 2008 6:10 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

1.) I think the house looks fine except for the stairs which bug me because they look broken, like the floor splits them in half... or something.

2.) I would get rid of the black lines in the wings. On the body they look okay, but with the color in the wings, the black just makes them look muddy, you know? And I can kind of tell that the body is shaded, but yeah, I'd make it darker so it's easier to see.

3.) I didn't look hard enough to realize it was rubbing its head so I automatically figured it was waving. To make it look more like it's rubbing its head, I'd make the hand move more vertically, up and down. Since waving is usually lateral (side to side), it'd be more likely to be rubbing it's head when moving up and down.

Hope that helps! ;)
~Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue May 06, 2008 7:05 pm
Robin says...

Fixed #2... but I'm stuck on which one to keep and not sure if the wings look any better... I might add more shading to them to make them stand out more. They still do look a little "muddy" though.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Thu May 08, 2008 4:33 am
View Likes
Ross says...

Okay, I'll give an overall grade and crit for each picture.

1. I like your house design, but where's the rest of it? Where's the furniture, the applications? You need to think a house through. Grade: D

2. Number Two is the best for me. I like your combination of shadowing and of light. Both look subtle and also realistic. Grade: B+

3. It looks like a combination of waving and rubbing its head. (Don't ask me to elaborate :lol:) The creature is very cute and I love the tiny antimation. A great gift for little kids. Grade: A-
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Thu May 08, 2008 10:22 am
scissorquiz says...

the house would be better without the random pink and green. also, i don't think the stairs are physically possible. well done, though. very nice tree.

the unicorn kinda just looks like a random unicorn you would find on the internet 10 years ago. eh. well done, i suppose.

the little head rub thing is cute, but i feel like i've seen it before a thousand times.
no future

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Mon May 12, 2008 10:32 pm
Summerless says...

For the pixel house I only have one thing to say. Wow.

As for the creature things, I like number two, style two best out of the four. All of the outlines and features look most even.

As for the pixel animation, i think that looks like it's rubbing it's head. It's so cute!

- Summerless <3~

And you have to flaunt the weird, my friends.
— Alex Fierro