z

Young Writers Society

Sun in Dalewood, Mississippi

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Fri May 02, 2008 12:41 am
LunaBuna43 says...

Hehe I love it! I took it last week and just uploaded them all!!
Attachments
l_fe598a630d7b7dc3b1bddf825ae71e5a.jpg
l_fe598a630d7b7dc3b1bddf825ae71e5a.jpg (32.14 KiB) Viewed 272 times
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri May 02, 2008 4:36 am
SuicideKing says...

Very tranquil--it has an almost spiritual feel to it, what with the sun shining through the clouds and all. In my opinion, the only thing that would make the picture better is the absence of the modern structures in the background--they really ruin the spiritual tone, for some reason.

--King
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.”

--Kahlil Gibran

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri May 02, 2008 5:40 pm
Alainna says...

Hiya.

I like the feel this picture has. It shows empowerment and as previously said, spirituality.

A lovely photo and I'd love to see more of your photography.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri May 02, 2008 5:54 pm
Robin says...

I really like how the rays are showing through the clouds like that...it gives it the whole "second coming" feel. And the positioning of the picture. I'm not sure how I'd feel about the camera showing more of the foreground so I like what's visible there now.

About jpg files, if you look closely a little bit away from the edges of the shrubs sticking up it's like blurred and spotted looking. File types like bmp and png preserve the photo better. I'd suggest png over bmp though because bmp takes up a lot of space.

But anyway, nice shot.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri May 02, 2008 6:26 pm
deleted2 says...

OMG
I love it!
:D
It's so peaceful and beautiful !
I love nature pictures :D The light shining through the clouds is so pretty ! Basically all i can bout this pic is that its awesome and beautiful XD no critisim to be honest XD !
it amazing!
Well done !
Xxx Do

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat May 03, 2008 3:21 pm
pegasi_quill says...

Wow, that looks great!

I really like the soft tones. And the light streaming from the sky is more than effective :)

The silhouettes of the plants in front also look great -bril job! :)
~Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You can never tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things~

Away until August 31st (possibly longer)

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sat May 03, 2008 3:50 pm
Aedomir says...

Heya,

I love this picture. A very... almost spiritual ambience to it. The sun rays are great and I think the general idea of the picture is inpriing. Very peaceful and relaxing, first words to come to mind.

Great!

-Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat May 03, 2008 10:51 pm
Sare Agama says...

Wow... Thats about all I can say. I feel like I am in that scene, watching the sun sink into a bed of clouds. The way the sun is slanting through the clouds gives it a calm, sacred feeling. It is so beautiful! I would love to see more shots like this of the sun from you.
:D

-ClimberSquirrel

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu May 08, 2008 2:20 am
omggdariannnn says...

When i first opened this, my first words were WOAH.
this is amazing! i noticed the light coming down from the sun behind the clouds and the water looks so peaceful!

i also like the added trees/bushes, whatever, in front!
the picture looks so tranquil and i just feel like going to that spot and relaxing! it looks like a place i would want to go to everyday just to get away from all the crazyness that goes on!

NICE JOB (=
Always,
Dee.

And then, as if written by the hand of a bad novelist, an incredible thing happened.
— Bartimaeus of Uruk