z

Young Writers Society

Misty Morning Flowers

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:36 pm
Sacred says...

Here are some pictures of the flowers in my back yard. I touched them up a bit in iPhoto. So enjoy :)

you just keep giving, but you never get back

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:48 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Ohh pretty!! I'm a sucker for flowers :D. I specially liked the first one. The yellow in the middle is very bright and cheerful, though I don't like how the rest of the flower looks so pale. The wood in the background also diminishes the effect. But it still looks beautiful. The second one... I have to admit I'm not too fond of that one. Perhaps the quality isn't that good thats why, I can't seem to point out exactly why...
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:39 pm
Jennafina says...

I really like the second one. Even though the quality is sharp, it has a sci-fi grainy look, to me anyway. It looks plasticy, and modern, like a solar panel thing in a futuristic movie. XD

I like the top one as well, but I think you should crop it so that the flower is centered. The yard behind it is too busy, and doesn't add anything to the overall composition. Is there a way you could brighten it up? The shadows make it look a little dreary.

Flowers in general are pretty, but I see a lot of photos of them so they get a bit boring. Do you take pictures of other things as well? If so, I'd love to see them. :) PM me if you ever need another art forum critique!
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:46 pm
Rydia says...

I agree that the first one would look better cropped. The colour of the flower is gorgeous though! I think that you could maybe dim out the whole background so it doesn't retract from the main focus and it would create a nice contrast.

With the second, I love the sci-fi aspect to it and the background is great, how you've picked out the green in it and the bit of leaf in the top corner, the leaves across the bottom corner. All very pretty. The touch of pink in the centre of the flower is fantastic and generally, I like this one much better.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:12 pm
Areida says...

This is a gorgeous flower, but not really a unique take on it. The background is too busy, and the flower seems almost washed out-looking to me. The angle is also lacking. It looks sort of like the camera was just shoved up into the middle before the picture was taken. Generally, it's like I'm seeing too much of the flower and at the same time not enough.

So like Jennafina said, everyone sees a lot of flower pictures, so you really have to do something/find something to make them stand out from the crowd. The effects on the second picture are neat, but I still have the same problem with not being able to see enough detail in the center of the flower.

Nevertheless, it is still a purdy flower, so thanks for posting it. :mrgreen:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 57
Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:18 pm
darkdove says...

these are cool they look like the magnolias outside my grandma's house.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:28 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Very pretty. I like the first flower better.
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu May 01, 2008 6:24 pm
[deleted1] says...

I really like these. I love the angle for the second pic. I love the shade from the sun on the flowers as well. Good job.

-Rick.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri May 02, 2008 6:28 pm
View Likes
deleted2 says...

Omg
Beautiful flowerS :D
the first pic is better, but still, they're both amazing!
Doesnt nature rule? XD
XxxDo

582 Reviews

Reviews: 582
Fri May 02, 2008 7:12 pm
KJ says...

They're pretty good... only thing I didn't like was how close-up they were. I would suggest some distance between the camera and the flower.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sat May 03, 2008 5:22 pm
Aedomir says...

Hi!

Ye, I would suggest cropping them both, as even in the first one, I feel they are lost. The first is very pretty, but a bit bland also. Focusing it a bit more on the flower could resolve that.

I am picky about pictures of flowers because they are so common, you see. The second one... is interesting but it lacks colour. I think improving the contrast may help to resolve this issue.

Lovely flower, by the way :wink:

-Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sat May 03, 2008 6:29 pm
Ross says...

Pretty, but the green one seems a bit...bland
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42