z

Young Writers Society

Scenes from my backyard

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:17 pm
OverEasy says...

So this is my backyard. Take a look..

The last one is of some Trilliums, they are pretty rare so I thought it was kinda cool to find three together like this.
Life is for living.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:44 pm
Muse says...

These are pretty. I like the 3rd and 4th pictures especially. The focus on the 3rd is great and i love the yellow colour. The pool of water on the leaf is gorgeous in the 4th. Keep snapping those photos! xx
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

196 Reviews

Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:27 pm
OverEasy says...

Thank you for the crit!
Life is for living.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:38 pm
Lindsaroo says...

Like I said...

These are gorgeous! The second one looks like a giant stick bug lol

My favorite one is the 3rd one. It's so pretty.

They are awesome ^^

_Lindsay_
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:09 am
vamplord12 says...

when i saw these pics i thought that they were pretty good...compared to anything i can take...lol
there is no such thing as good and evil, there is only power...

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:42 am
Flemzo says...

Great pictures! I like the second one, but my favorite has to be the fourth one. The only thing that could have possibly made it better was if you would have had a drop on the cusp of falling, but hey, you can't get Nature to pose, can you?

I'm not quite sure about the fern (fifth picture, in case my plant identification is off). It's just a lot of... green, with nothing really popping out at me.

Other than that, great pictures. Sorry if I'm not too helpful.

196 Reviews

Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:44 am
OverEasy says...

Haha it's actually a type of moss in the 5th picture. But close...
Life is for living.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:50 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Oooh! I get a hill full of Trillium by my house! Pretty pics! ^^

~Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:16 pm
Alainna says...

I like these sort of nature photos. The second and third ones are my favourites. I like the way you capture them and the lighting in them.

The sixth one is my least favourite....I think if you had used a different camera angle it might have been a bit more interesting.

Other than that, I really enjoyed looking at these. They were beautiful.

All the best,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:59 pm
Sacred says...

Your backyard looks like a forest! You lucky duck!

1. I like it, very intriguing, I just can quite make out what it is, moss in the water or branches against the sky. I think it would look a bit better if you got more into the picture.

2. I like how the water sparkles but I think you could have done a little more to it, maybe touched it up a bit, make it more sparkly ya know. And again, you should have kept more of it in the picture, it just seems incomplete without the rest.

3. I see your trying to get at the mushroom thing, but it is not really that significant. I would suggest going at it from the side of the tree, so you see the entire branch plus the mushroom.

4. I like how the water is in the leaf, but it doesn't really stand out, and is kinda drawn back by the rest of the shrubs.

5. I like the plant, but yet again you should have let more of the picture in.

6. Its kinda boring, how there is not really any main point, it just looks off center.
you just keep giving, but you never get back

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat May 17, 2008 10:45 pm
Stockmar says...

These are really...amazing I suppose is a pretty good way to describe them. What is the yellow stuff in picture 3? It relly contrasts with the green and brown of the background. I love it.

196 Reviews

Sun May 18, 2008 2:36 am
OverEasy says...

It's some type of fungi, I'm not really sure.
Life is for living.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun May 18, 2008 1:12 pm
iwrite says...

These are some very great shots.
What camera are you using?
I read so i can write...
Education is very important...

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun May 18, 2008 8:19 pm
nilou-and-amani says...

First of all, you backyard is beautiful!
The 4th one is my favourite! I love the color of the leaf and the water that's on it. It's very refreshing. It's like when it stopd raining and the sun comes out from behin dthe clouds and it shines on the wet leaves!
My least favourite are the two last ones. There's nothing speacial about either of them. It's just too mush green and brown!

Great pictures though,
Pm me of you need anything!

Nilou
"Security is mortal's chiefest enemy"- William Shakespeare

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed May 21, 2008 1:08 am
Bella says...

Wow, great job!

[1] This is my favorite one. The way the darkness of the sky contrasts with the tree branches is amazing, and very natural.

[2] I don’t care for this one quite as much. It’s too broad, and lacks a focal point that would make it seem more artsy.

[3] I’m fond of this one as well. It’s got a nice, bright focal point that really stands out, without being too bright, or contrasting. The odd angle adds to the picture in a good way as well.

[4] I like this one, and could definitely see it going some where, but I think it could use some work. Perhaps zooming in more on the leaves, especially the one with the water? Or making it black and white?

[5] Pretty, but nothing really extraordinary in this photo.

[6] This has potential too. I would try zooming in on something significant in the photo, like a flower or something. Or finding a way to make the flowers stand out more, like turning everything black and white but the flowers.

All in all, nice pictures! ^_^

If you don’t have software to mess with these pictures, I suggest loading images into photobucket.com, they have amazing editing tools, and it's completely free. I prefer it to photoshop, which is another amazing program, apart from the fact that I can't mesh things together on photobucket.

~Bella Bambina~
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane