z

Young Writers Society

Csoki and Roses (cs=ch, short o)

195 Reviews

Reviews: 195
Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:49 pm
PsychicNinja says...

I have a billion pictures I would post on here, but I won't right now. I'm sick today, and sorta bored. So here's another one. ^^ Enjoy.

This is my dog, a chocolate lab. Her name is Csoki! (Pronounce the cs as a ch and it's a short o). Csoki is short for chocolate in Hungarian.

EDIT: I'm on a different computer now and it does look like the flowers are a bit blurry...how strange...

~Timea
Attachments
Csoki and Roses.JPG
Csoki and Roses.JPG (601.77 KiB) Viewed 457 times
Last edited by PsychicNinja on Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
"Maybe a nice old lady will adopt me. I'm very loveable."
―Fi and Darman

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:23 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

Eep! Timea! So kawaii! I love where each part is placed and the angle, though as you near the rose stems it gets kind of blurry...or it could just be my bad sight. Anyway, great job! The dog is soo caute!

~Lulu
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:10 pm
Jennafina says...

Really cool photo, but it's kind of hard to look at. I think the main reason for that is you've got a background, (water, forest,) a middle ground, (dog and bone) and a foreground, (roses) but they're all in focus. It's just too busy!

Can you change the focus on your camera to make the roses out of focus? I think that would help. Or maybe put a thin black border around it? Those are just some ideas. I think photos look best if they have one definite subject, or at least a unifying theme to tie it all together.

Thanks a lot for posting, keep up the good work!
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

195 Reviews

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:43 pm
PsychicNinja says...

I can make is out focus where ever I want practically. ^^ I just liked the roses and couldn't decide what. (I don't even remember taking this pic because it was like three years ago when i did, XD)

~Timea
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
―Fi and Darman

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:12 pm
omggdariannnn says...

This picture is very cute. I like the angles of the picture so that you have a view of the pretty roses. Although, my attention doesn't go to the dog or the roses right away. My eye grabs the water and the trees behind it. Also, the roses are somewhat blurry.

All-in-all, great photo.

New to YWS,
Dee.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:14 pm
OverEasy says...

Aww she's precious!
Last edited by OverEasy on Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is for living.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:27 pm
Commando588 says...

I like the way that it has three parts: Roses, Dog, and lake! Good job!
You can only be Lost in one place for so long. After awhile you just call it home.

I could say a thousand words and break your heart. Or I could never say one, and break it just the same.
------------

195 Reviews

Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:55 pm
PsychicNinja says...

It's a bay!!
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
―Fi and Darman

Random avatar

Reviews: 29
Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:35 am
laura claridge says...

thats really cool
the roses are real pretty
and your dog has such an awesome name!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:28 pm
vet4life13 says...

Aw, your dog is adorable! I think you should have zoomed in a little, or cropped it so that it has less background. The picture is really neat though, and I like the background that you picked, and of course the roses. Good job!

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:13 am
vox nihili says...

Prepare to be un-amazed. I have never seriously pursued photography...but anyway. Here's my crit:
I love the background. The river/sound/inlet and the structures/trees on its banks lend a tremendous amount of visual interest. The dog, well, he's cute. I also found the bone in the image to be an amusing touch. Very realistic, it adds lifelike quality along with the phantom smile that trembles on the viewer's face. Love the roses, they play up the romantic scenery of the river in the background. One question/criticism: what was your focal point?? I'm an artist, so I know focal points... what was it? It's sorta confusing, having the roses, and dog, in similar positions in the photo. The dog is pushed into the background, but at the same time distracts from the roses if they were your focus. As for if the dog's the focus: the roses are way too big from that angle to keep the focus on your doggie. Other than that, it's an awesome photo.
Cheers!
--Voxina

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness