z

Young Writers Society

Sunrise at the BeachI

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:54 am
Sohini says...

These pictures are being posted in a chronological order to represent the gradual sunrise as seen by me on a 10km long beach called Mondarmoni(West Bengal, India).

[b]1.Dawn awakes...

2.Mystifying maroon

3.The pale red disc

4.Sphere of fire

5.Bathed in red

6.Heaven at Morn

7.Magnificent Waves
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:53 am
casey_kent says...

Wow. It's like not-real because of it's beauty.
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:56 pm
Azila says...

Hi, Sohini! I didn't know you lived in India! Anyway...

1. This one's too big, I can't really see it all that well. Sorry.

2. Very cool. The water looks like silk.

3. Another very nice one. Although I would rather not see so much sky...

4. Wow. The sun is amazing in this one! I still think there's a tad too much sky, though.

5. This one isn't my favorite. I like the contrast of the bright whiteish sun and the deep, red-orange sky and water, but I don't like the fact that the horizon is tilted... it feels like the photo is only gorgeous because the actual thing was gorgeous, you know? I don't feel like the photograph compliments its subject.

6. Love the sky!

7. This is alright--again, the horizon is slanted.

Beach sunrise/sunset pictures are so cliché, but yet they still have magic. Good job! I love number 2 and 4!
~Azila~

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:49 pm
Aedomir says...

I did part two before part one! So... here I am, at your service.

Right...

1) This one is very nice; soft and friendly, but I find it a little boring, like it lacks something. I reckon more of an angle on the sea would help here.
2) Very nice. I am in love with the cool refelction you have going here. The tide is a great, warm effect.
3) Gorgeous. I love the sun as it changes gradient. I agree with Azila, there is a lot of the sky here and not much sea.
4) Beautiful sky; but this one seems a bit cold. I guess that can't be helped though :wink:.
5) This is my favourite. I love the warm, hot feeling and I find the reflection just breath-taking.
6) This is an interesting angle, but I find the amount of sky irritating. Having said that, I still find it lovely. :-D
7) I love the reflection, if a little slanted, but I would be happier if I saw the sun and a bit of sky here though. Good job!

Yes, they are cliché but this is just a bit of photography. I loved all of this, great going here!

~Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:35 am
Ash says...

Wow, these are all great!

Keep this up!

195 Reviews

Reviews: 195
Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:02 pm
PsychicNinja says...

Wow, Sohini, those are just amazing pictures.

I like the depth and color in the first one. Although the dawn looks a little pale to me, it's very nice. In this shot, the outwards-ness of the sand really works. To make it a little better on these sorts of shots, you might have wanted to lower the camera a little more to catch more depth. Just a small suggestion, but it really is a fantastic picture.

The second one I would definetly frame!! It's totally amazing! The colors...are perfect. I don't even have anything else to say other than: Excellent job!

I would frame the third one, too. It's awesome. I like how the sun isn't totally in the middle of the photo. Very nice. Same thing with the fourth one.

The fifth one has amazing colors, too. I don't really like all the foreground you put in, however. It's just a personal thing, I know others love that sorta thing, but I think it takes away from the water and sun. I would have highered the camera just a little.

Number Six has an awesome sky. The picture, however, looks a bit sideways...It just looks like the horizon is sloping downwards. The sky is absolutely amazing, though.

The 7th one looks a little sideways as well, but I think it works better for this sort of picture. I can kinda see where the sun is, which is nice, and the colors are fabulous, again.

Amazing work!

Keep on taking photos,
~Timea
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
"Maybe a nice old lady will adopt me. I'm very loveable."
―Fi and Darman

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:50 am
omggdariannnn says...

two words-

simply, amazing.
Always,
Dee.

You are in the wrong land even if the roosters recognize you.
— Nathalie Handal, "Noir, une lumière"