z

Young Writers Society

Black and White Animal Photography.

Reviews: 4
Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:54 pm
Soleil says...

Some pictures i took. I know they are't the best, but i'm young, and new at this. Criticism is appriciated. :)

This is Sallie.

Sallie again...

This is my dog Sadie.

This is Roxie. I think she is just adorable. It took FOREVER for her to stay still, lol.

Roxie again. I don't think this is one of my bests....

This is Petey. Yes, he can be a bit odd....

The last one, this is Fanny.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:05 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

o_O Dude. I love black and white! They rock. I love them. The only thing I might suggest if you center some of them more, to try and avoid having too much 'negative' space in just one place.

Otherwise, lovely. ^_^ They're cute. Are they yours?

(*hugs them all*)
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Via says...

Hi! welcome to YWS! Please take a look at the Rules & Guides. We do ask that you do two reviews of others work before posting every 1 piece of your own and that the ratio stay at least 2:1. Thanks!

I love the first one of Sallie. It's up close yet fun at the same time and she is the perfect color for a black and white photo! The second really isn't bad either.

The first of Sadie is good too! I like that she's not looking at you...as weird as that is. But I would have liked to see the back edge of the chair and possibly the front as well so the picture felt less cropped and more centred.

I think the first one of Roxie, however, is the best! It's the puppy dog eyes and such a sweet position to be looking at, it's just perfect! The perception is great!

I don't really like any of the ones of Petey...they just aren't.......unique? I don't know, they just aren't my favorites haha.

But really, who doesn't like doggies? :)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:14 pm
Made_In_Demise says...

The first, third, fifth and last I loved. The dog looked so adorable in the fifth. And how did you manage to get your dogs to look at your camera? Mine never will..
"The things that we're frightened of, or told to be frightened of, are not necessarily the things that we need to fear."
-Michael Moore

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:18 pm
Soleil says...

Via wrote:Hi! welcome to YWS! Please take a look at the Rules & Guides. We do ask that you do two reviews of others work before posting every 1 piece of your own and that the ratio stay at least 2:1. Thanks!

I love the first one of Sallie. It's up close yet fun at the same time and she is the perfect color for a black and white photo! The second really isn't bad either.

The first of Sadie is good too! I like that she's not looking at you...as weird as that is. But I would have liked to see the back edge of the chair and possibly the front as well so the picture felt less cropped and more centred.

I think the first one of Roxie, however, is the best! It's the puppy dog eyes and such a sweet position to be looking at, it's just perfect! The perception is great!

I don't really like any of the ones of Petey...they just aren't.......unique? I don't know, they just aren't my favorites haha.

But really, who doesn't like doggies? :)

I (finally, lol) looked at the guidelines and posted another review. Thanks for telling me.

I agree on the Sadie one, they all do look a little too posed.

The last one isn't Petey, its Fanny. That picture was a bit hard to take becuase she was on the other side of the fence (The only dog that is mine is Sadie)

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:18 pm
Aedomir says...

I really like B&W, it looks great. You've captured the dogs so wonderfully! I love them!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:14 am
gracenicole14 says...

Awwww..... that is all I can say right now sorry. :D Just kidding. You did a really good job sith these--The black and white is looks really cool!!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:08 am
HollieWood says...

Brilliant! I really really really like black and white photos...I don't know much about photography accept that I like it so I can't really critique stuff..but I love the first one. And really you lucky little bugger i think I have only gotten my dog to look at the camera once. These almost remind me of those Pedigree commercials of the dogs in the pound..but not at the same time. Again brilliant!
What the F David Blain!
CHEEZE ITS CHEEZE ITS!
Evan! David Blain enlarged the car while I was still holding it!
Im effing Five Foot Ace of Spades!
Get out of my house you back to the future demon ass!

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:56 am
KookieKatie says...

I love the black and white. I think that black and white makes it all the more dramatic. Also, I think that the way that some of the dogs were posed were great. It was very funky, especially for some snapshots of dogs.

Some things I would change were a) the angles and b) the lighting I think that the angles were a bit regular. I would have liked to see some WEIRDNESS!!! since dogs are so ordinary, when you take pics of them, you have to make some individuality out of your pic!!

I love to pics, and I love your dogs!!! very cute.
Peepsls on this website ought not to be so hatin against other writers!

It's hella hard just to post your stuff to this place, yo!

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:20 am
Jennafina says...

1. I love it. It looks straight off a calendar.

2. This is nice, but it doesn't look like a photograph for art to me. Instead, it looks like a well taken picture of your dog.

3. I think this would be more visually satisfying if the dog were looking at the camera. I like the composition a lot, though.

4. Again, I love it! It's so cute, and the whiskers are so funny!

5. I'm not a big fan of this one. I think it would be cuter if more of the dog's face showed. Also, the dog is right in the center of the photo, which is boring.

6. Is Petey a Shih-tzu? I've got one of those, named Tofu. ^_^ This photo is pretty strange. It's cool/scary how you caught his tongue in motion.

7. The last one is how I visualize "puppy dog eyes". Good job! Thanks for posting.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:21 pm
Kadie says...

Aww, these are adorable.

From a professional, photography kinda point of view, they are pretty good. The photos are clear and the angles are good, the lighting is a bit off in number 6, but other than that they're good. I could see them printed on post cards or in calendars or something.

The black and white is really effective, makes them look professional.

The one of Roxy is by far my favourite. It's just so frickin cute. I want a dog so bad :(

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:19 pm
canislupis says...

Wow! Really cute. Are these your dogs? They all came out pretty well. This made me want to post the pics I've taken of my dog... I might in fact. :)

Oh, and made in demise said this:

And how did you manage to get your dogs to look at your camera? Mine never will..

They are showing avoidance of the camera, and they feel threatened by it. My dog does the same thing sometimes, if he's feeling submissive. :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:30 pm
localcreation says...

I've never really been one to be drawn to black and white animal photography but yours is different and definately bring something to the table. Keep up the good work.

-Shane

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:40 pm
SkaterPunk2011 says...

Most people don't appreciate animal photography, but i truely thought those pictures were adorable. The last one was my favorite.
Keep it up:D
Heal my wounds with devotion, sew up my heart with despair, strip my face of confinement, release me to the dreams that await me.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:32 am
Soleil says...

Thank you for all the great feedback everyone! I did not think people would really like them, the other photography on this site is so good...
Le soleil est une belle chose.

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain