z

Young Writers Society

Unchained Dragon

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:33 pm
Twit says...

Nice, but I hate the tear. Make the tissue between the spikes look more veiny - like a bat's wings, and add shading to the spikes. I like his eye and teeth and the smudged effect, but to be very unoriginal and echo everyone else, shading and all would make it even better. ^_^
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:19 pm
Veracelle says...

erm, it is kind of second-grader ish. kill the tear and make it more angry and not "yay"... rawr! dragons are supposed to say "RAWR!" not *sniff*

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:19 pm
Bookmarker says...

I wish I could draw like that. :smt045 The only thing I can draw (well) is probobly a dot! Sometimes I can't even draw one. I know, it's sad. :smt089

Not only was it drawn well, but it gave a good message. I think that it means that no matter how weird you look, you shouldn't be chained down. Like the Hunchback of Notre Dame
Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:00 pm
Runelord says...

The dragon kinda looks like it's beeing choked, the spines look like rocks (but i suppose it's meant to be like that) ,and it lacks fire in it's eyes, apart from that it's very good try posting it on http://www.elfwood.com/. well done
Speling mestackes ink.

Flowing scribble

Guns don't kill people, people kill people... And monkeys do (if they have a gun)- Eddie Izzard

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:34 pm
Sportgurl46 says...

hey :) i love this dragon :) i have a couple of things that i noticed:

- the chain is really rather small. this dragin looks fierce and strong and it would make this picture look so much cooler if the chain was thicker.
-i love how the thing on his neck tore his main thingy (i don't know what it is called) but hey!, it looks cool ;)
-i know that drawing is hard especially when you are drawing dragons, but practice makes perfect right? so if you try drawing your dragon in 3D then i think that it will really bring it to life :)
-i am loving the tear :) the tear just makes the dragon what he is. i can also see that you have a little smile going on with him and i absolutely love that too :)

i really like this dragon and i think that with the advice i gave you and the advice that the others gave you this dragon would be so tremendous :)

hope this helps :)

happy drawing :)
omg lol thx HD!

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:01 pm
Archstormangel says...

It's a bit flat. I can tell you put a lot of work into it, what with the blending, which takes ages... but try blending some parts to be lighter or darker than others, to create an effect of muscles, etc. Draw some noticeable ridges, and the eyes look a little too human.

But this is really good, too. I love how you actually drew chains instead of ringlets (which is what I do, I just circle with my pencil over and over again). :3
I'm
an Atheist, a young teen girl, someone who loves Harry Potter and hates Twilight, someone who doesn't see deepness in everything, a person who has never suffered from any diseases of any sort.
I'm average, but...

I'm still a writer.

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:26 pm
evieffizz says...

i know this will sound weird but wow

the emotion in his eyes

the detail you've given him

its like he's standing right next too me

good work

with love

Evie
-x-

"No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you." - Homer Simpson

There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable