z

Young Writers Society

Black and White

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:47 pm
Maybe says...

Content deleted by user.
Last edited by Maybe on Mon May 23, 2011 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:58 am
Twinflower says...

These are really nice! My favorites are "Wet Needles" and "This is My Prison". The first picture is just a bit too dark, in my opinion. I also like the background of trees in "The Forlorn Bell". I like the ghostly fence in the background of the last picture, but the fence in the front is not quite as interesting.
Nice job, keep it up!
~*~Twinflower~*~

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:19 am
Manny says...

I, personally, liked 1, 6, and 7 the most out of all of them. The first one is really cool with the way the ray of light crosses in front of the rose. Six is awesome simply for the fact that it's a bell, and everyone knows bells are amazing. The last one uses both the repeating pattern and foreshortening techniques quite well. I hope you take some more pictures soon, as I'd like to see them. :wink:

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:00 am
Loose says...

My favourite was the "Remembrance" one. It worked really well in black and white, probably because it would have been grey in colour too.

"Stretch" was good, too.

Kudos.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:40 am
Via says...

First things first: These are GREAT! I LOVE black and white and these are amazing! My favorites are the flower, the wet needles, and the fence (stretch). Though, on the wet needles the drops on the lense are really kind of distracting...but other than that..that's probably my favorite of the three.

NOW...next things last (ha).
I HATE the feathering! Pictures like this do not need feathering to look great! I love the black border on a few of them, but I'd like them to be equal on all sides of the photo, but the feathering is unneeded and distracting. I would remove it and just use the black border.

These really are amazing, and I may save a few of them for a desktop if you wouldn't mind??
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:06 am
Jeni says...

I like the pictures. They show a soft, quiet, beautiful side of life that many ignore. They are very beautiful.-Jeni

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:46 pm
NightsDreamer2277 says...

I love your photography! It's beautiful, and I personally like the scenes you've chosen. My favorites the Forlorn bell. You have alot of talent!
"When you need a stress relief, simply count to twenty. If you get to twenty and your still mad, go to a hundred. If you are mad after that, then go find some anger management, because we seriously have just wasted two minutes."-- Jazz

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:28 am
~Lashes~ says...

I love black and white photography!
These are really good!
I liked all of them!

Random avatar

Reviews: 196
Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:19 am
Lady Sydney says...

These are gorgeous. Black and white photos always seem to have their own effect on people, or at least me, with like a really deep dark feeling. It's not gothic or emo, but... rainy? I don't know. I can't explain it, but it's peaceful and I love it. ^_^

The only one I didn't like as much was the one with the puppy. I love the dog, but just not the picture itself. It doesn't exactly give off that artsy-fancy-photographer-for-a-magazine kind of feel. It looks like it was taken in your back yard, rather than how the others look like they belong in an actual magazine. If that makes sense. ^_^

All in all, they're lovely. Nice work!

~*Sydney*~
Formerly known as Silly Sydstix... as well as Aquarius Angel.

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:10 am
MidnightVampire says...

I like the photography, maybe it has something to do with the black and white part ( ok, so it has to do a lot with the black and white photography thing). dont know why I like the black and white photography, but hey, they look great. So who would care?
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:26 am
View Likes
blacktiger3915 says...

Beautiful. Just beautiful. You captured the light and color perfectly. Great job! :D
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

Random avatar

Reviews: 57
Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:02 pm
darkdove says...

These are fantastic!! I love them there like muses for the eyes!! IT gives me ideas, just love these pictures. You are really talented. Words can't express how these pictures make me feel and i know its sounding a little groupie fannish, but these are really good!!!!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:14 pm
Maybe says...

Yay, thank you all for commenting! *Hugs everyone* It means a lot to me.

Here's another one. This one kind of goes with This is my prison..., same day, anyhow.

Image Dancing with Hope
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:34 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Yeah, get rid of the drop shadow things. It's way too tacky for such talented photos. If you want a border, just use solid black or a viginette. Lovely though!
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:04 am
kinzygirl223 says...

I LOVE these pictures.
I think the have a lot of hidden meaning.
Like more then meets the eye.
I love them.
"Your opinion is the only one that matters, so why don't you listen?"

Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.
— Niels Bohr