z

Young Writers Society

Crysi's attempts

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:29 am
Crysi says...

Ok, you know I'm tired when I misspell my own name. Sheesh. Anyway, I figured it was time to reserve a spot for my stuff. I have a few things to show you that I did when messing around with photoshop..

I just made this one. It was from an old drawing of mine, and I decided to try shading him.

The banner I made for my forums (opening in a week)! Don't ask me to do it again.. I have no idea what I did.

Once again, from that old drawing hehe.

Now THIS was fun to make. I used gradients to blend the three pictures together.. Good, no?

That's all for now.. I'm too lazy to upload anything else lol.
Love and Light

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:57 am
Emma says...

wow me likey ALOT! :D

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:10 am
Shadow Knight says...

Wow, they're great Crysi, hmm, i know someone in need of good dragon pictures, Snoink.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Bobo says...

Sweet! Photoshop rules!

594 Reviews

Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:03 pm
Crysi says...

Indeed it does, Bobo. Indeed it does.
Love and Light

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Lollipop says...

Wow! The dragons are soooo cute. I draw dragons too but not using photoshop. I just draw them free-hand. I'll be sending some in soon. Anyway, these are sooo cool!!!!

481 Reviews

Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:29 pm
Bobo says...

I've never been able to draw freehand on the comp. I have been able to cartoon pretty well in Flash though. Yeah, that Dragon's Keep banner is my fav of the three. Just one question: is that fire custom made or done with the Photoshop filter or whatever it is?

594 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:27 am
Crysi says...

I actually drew the dragon freehand on the comp. What surprised me is that it came out almost as good as the ones I had been drawing on my binder lol!

I learned how to do the flames from this link: http://www.absolutecross.com/tutorials/photoshop/effects/4way-fire/

I just applied that to a white line going across the bottom. Also, I've played around with changing the colors a bit. When you go to the color table, you can create your own colors by clicking on one square and dragging it a third of the way (or halfway or whatever) down. Then you choose the color you want to start with, and the color you want to end with. Photoshop makes a gradient using those colors.. It's a bit hard to explain on here lol. Just play around with it, and I'm sure you'll figure it out. :D
Love and Light

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:50 am
Tara says...

He's so cute, Crysi!!! I love him!!!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

481 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:52 am
Bobo says...

I've seen a better fire tutorial at http://www.photoshoptechniques.com/texp/fireptk.php

Tends to look more realistic and less uniform.

594 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:04 am
Crysi says...

Ooh, I REALLY like that! Thanks Bobo! :D
Love and Light

481 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:52 pm
Bobo says...

No problem! We did that in my Commercial Art class, so I've learned of quite a few useful techniques. That's one of the best I've done so far.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:23 pm
Harley says...

Awww!!! I love the dragon, he's so cute!! The banner was great, and the flame effects are excellent. I reeeeally need to get photoshop...

594 Reviews

Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:49 pm
Crysi says...

Lol thanks!

I'm still waiting for my mom to connect her scanner so I can scan my pictures.. Maybe I'll go see if I can hook it up right now.
Love and Light

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:56 am
Tara says...

The way he looks all flame-ish in the one drawing is awesome. Did u say once that you did that accidentally?
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero