z

Young Writers Society

Photography

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:36 pm
Skye says...

So I've been dabbling in photography lately (honestly, Fabien's gorgeous photographs inspired me!), and I decided to post a couple up here for crits, as I am largely a newcomer to any sort of art. :)

I took this one through my upstairs bedroom window. At first I thought taking it through the screen looked kind of cool, but now I'm not so sure. :-/

Taken at the local gas station.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:43 pm
Via says...

HAHA! I'm loving the AIR PHOTO!

The first one is okay, but I'm not a huge fan of the screen. I tried this once, I couldn't get it to look great either.

Haha, air... :D
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:02 pm
Rydia says...

The first one could be quite picturesque without the screen but with it, I'm not so sure.

The second is nice but needs cropping. There's too much blue on the left. Not bad work though.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
Lynlyn says...

Air: help yourself. Wow, awesome concept, I love it. I agree that it might need a little cropping, but I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:51 am
Alice says...

The first photo is romantic like, at first glance it looks like sand, but when you look at it more closely you realize that its snow.

The second one made me laugh. Its just my kind of funny. Normally I would suggest you moving the camera over closer to the building but the sign makes it so you did it perfectly.

and there's my two cents.
I just lost the game.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:52 am
Alteran says...

First photo is very nice. I love the sceen. It adds a little texture to the entire photo. The foot prints are a great detail. they help dray the eue across the pic from right to left. It is over all pleasing to the eye and has a lovely angle to it.

The second picture is simply brilliant. Havoing the sign on one side and then the large area od sky really helps with the effect, of Air.

over all, nice work. You seem to have a good eye for angles.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:26 am
Emerson says...

I want to make an avatar out of the second... hmmm.

Lovely ^_^ I like the second more though. Taking pictures through screens never works.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Reviews: 4
Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:53 am
CrypticWaters says...

I love the angle and subject for the first picture. That the footsteps are the only disturbances in the snow adds so much to the shot.

The second shot made me laugh as well. I agree with the cropping, but just so much that the wire (is it a wire?) in the top left corner is out of view? Other than that, very clear picture. It has enough contrast that you see the dirt on the stones but not so much on the wood. I like it. ^^
"Not knowing leaves infinite possibilities."
"Imagination is the power to gather roses in winter."

In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening