Reviews: 106
Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:18 pm
View Likes
stirly says...

A coloring tutorial type thing:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60447314/

Teddy Lupin and Viktore:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60447589/
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:23 pm
Via says...

Sweet tutorial.

The blonde chick is awesome, love it. I like the plain shirt.

The guy's hair is a little too far away in the back, makes his head look a little too long. But, other than that it's good!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:20 am
Rydia says...

It was interesting to see how you colour your drawings. You have such a different style to my friend Leigh...

Lupins' top looks a touch too smart to me but the hair and expression are perfect and perhaps he is not so untidy and dishevelled as his father so it works overall. Viktore is absolutely stunning and she has a lot in common with her mother but there's nothing wrong with that.

Great work, as always.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

106 Reviews

Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:48 pm
stirly says...

The Gray Lady:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60500410/

A random side note: I hate coloring in gray scale. Its so... dull and uninteresting. Still, with ghosts I get the opportunity to add uber amounts of highlights in random places. Yes, yes I do love doing that

Cartoony Hermione:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60500630/

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:07 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

LOLOL! Hermione!

That's brilliant. I love how you didn't make her look like Emma Watson. XD And her expression is all- "WTH?"

XD bravo. I also like the Gray Lady. Did you model her after the illustration in the book?
ohmeohmy

106 Reviews

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:21 pm
stirly says...

Sort of. The hair was exactly how I imaged her's would be, but the face, earings, and some parts of the dress seemed a bit off.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:05 pm
Rydia says...

The grey lady was drawn well and cartoony Hermione is really cute. Lol. I should really learn to heed spoiler warnings though... As the saying goes curiosity killed the cat... Lol. Not to worry though. I shall have finished the book soon enough and so far my curiosity has not stopped me from enjoying it...
Writing Gooder

106 Reviews

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:03 pm
stirly says...

The real shocker wasn't mentioned, so it probably didn't ruin that particular part too much for you (At least, I hope it didn't O.O)

Apollo:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61073617/

Luna Lovegood:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61073756/

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:46 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Don't worry, it didn't ruin it at all.

Apollo - I have to agree that the expression is great and you've coloured him well but his neck is a touch long and there's certainly something feminine about him.

Luna - I think she looks a touch old and her expression should be more distant and thoughtful. The outfit is perfect though and her hair is nice. Green eyes huh? I don't think a colour is mentioned in the book but I always imagine a pale blue with a touch of grey. In fact, the girl who plays Luna in the films is perfect for the part. That's off subject though and I did really like the drawing.
Writing Gooder

106 Reviews

Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:10 pm
stirly says...

I loved that actress :D She played the part wonderfully, though I didn't much like her hair. She seemed a tad bit too pretty far the part.

I figured out its Apollo's shoulders that make him feminine. I'm planning on fixing that as soon as I get a tablet. Thank you for the critiques :D

I'm uber glad that didn't ruin that part for you!

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:52 pm
Imelda says...

Last edited by Imelda on Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

106 Reviews

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:13 pm
stirly says...

Once Christmas rolls around. I highly doubt I'll be getting one before then.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:30 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Apollo's arm seems a little chubby...kind of like mine, except bigger...heh....

So as Apollo - if my Greek mythology has not been confuddled by memory - drove around the sky with a chariot of fire, holding onto crazy horses, you'd kind of expect him to be muscular. ^_~ His expression is perfect! It's like Artemis/Diana is telling him to get a girlfriend and he's all, "whatever." Other than that, his neck is a little long...not nearly thick enough to hold up his head...and the shoulders are too thin and sloping.

Then again, he's supposed to be a "god", so maybe he's looking like that trying to NOT get a girlfriend just to bug Artemis. :lol:

On Luna...I absolutely adore her outfit. (I would so get a kimono with the sleeve pattern!) Again, the neck is too long, and the only other thing that doesn't really fit is her hair, which I think was described as "dirty blond" by Jo. It seems....Barbie-ish right now. ^_^ Other than those little factors....awesome. :D
ohmeohmy

106 Reviews

Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:35 pm
stirly says...

Dirty Blonde is hard to accomplish with a base color of yellow :D I dunno... I sort of like it the way it is. Its blonde, but brownish too. The shape is exactly how I imaged it :D Ultimately, its how I see her hair. My imagination is sort of suckish, and I'm definately sorry for that.

I'm glad you like Apollo's expression. though I doubt that he would try not to get a girlfriend, I still absolutely love that idea :D It makes me roll around giggling inside!

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:21 am
Alteran says...

I only looked At Luna(She's my favorite and i have really slow dial-up)

I love her. You did a great job and that yellow is perfect. I have a new image when I read that again :)
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

Facebook is that cockroach that you just can't kill
— Gravity