z

Young Writers Society

Your basic art thread

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:20 am
Alteran says...

I thought the feet fine. The leg bothered me most. It seems off. The floe from the knee to the foot makes it look like your leg is broken a bit.

The second one is adorable. I love it.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:02 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

1. The legs were rather thin at the bottom but generally it was very pretty and I love the hair. Some real attitude there. Lol.

2. Love these. The kitty pictures are so awesome and you make such a cute little kitty. I'd love to see them in colour! Seriously, very good work.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:43 pm
stirly says...

My legs actually are absurdly tiny. They have no muscle, no fat, NOTHING. Seriously- they're sticks. Its realllllyyyy depressing.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

647 Reviews

Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:00 am
Alteran says...

Poor Stirly....Make your self who ever you want to be!

Make a grown up Kitty Stirly!

106 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:27 am
stirly says...

The first and last Mads Kitty Comic. I know, its rather suckish and not very funny. If you know me exceptionally well and have seen me at 3 in the morning after 9 cups of hot chocolate, though, it actually makes quite a bit of sense.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59892425/
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

647 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:05 am
Alteran says...

It was so cute. I laughed. They're so adorable. They all look like their arms and legs have been chopped off though. Still funny.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:09 am
Cabassi_Crime_Family says...

The feet/place where the legs end of the secondary kitty is too vague and chunky for my taste.

And perhaps some clarity as to who 'we' are and whatnot would add to the humor level.

Carry on with the drawings, M-ds (;))

~The CCF
Sono La Famiglia, Capici?

Need a critique? Look here for more Information
CCF Critique Shop

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:58 am
Rydia says...

I thought that it was good where drawing is concerned though admittedly the subject only works if we know you. Don't worry about that though. It's cute and the kittys have awesome hair. Perhaps work on the female's sitting down position but other than that, it's really cool.
Writing Gooder

106 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:52 pm
stirly says...

kitty15 wrote:I thought that it was good where drawing is concerned though admittedly the subject only works if we know you. Don't worry about that though. It's cute and the kittys have awesome hair. Perhaps work on the female's sitting down position but other than that, it's really cool.

They're both females :shock:

One is me, and the other is my buddy, Hilary.

Anyway, thanks for the comments everyone! Should I ever decide to bring Mads Kitty Comic up again, I will definately use your critiques. Until then... yeah. Anyway, THANK YOU!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:00 pm
Rydia says...

Ah. Sorry about that. The second kitty, Hilary, she reminded me of a guy I know. She has his sort ofhair but yeah, I suppose he's just a touch feminine. Lol. It just made me think of him but if I look at it now, I can see it's very clearly a she.
Writing Gooder

106 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:08 am
stirly says...

I hate drawing with colored pencils. You can't erase, and they make the image look horrible once they start to dull (especially with line art.).

Oh well. Please don't judge this one too harshly. Its just a scrap, and I couldn't really erase. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get my hands on mechanical pencils. Until then, we'll live with horrible line art.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59956295/

Woot! Another absolutely horrid scrap:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59956721/

Once I get pencils I'll get around to creating a finished peice with them. Then I'll be able to move onto my most anticipated project: Cirque Du Soleil.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:32 am
Via says...

Aww the freakled face girl is cute. Of course, it needs the fine tuning, but it looks like it will be pretty good when it's finished!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:19 am
Rydia says...

Amos looks pretty good. A little rough in places but well drawn. His hair is really nice and a good choice of outfit. Simple but very right.

Swallow has such a cute face and the arm is placed perfectly (if you ignore the fainter hand lines) to fit that expression. The outfit is nice and I quite like how slim she is. I think she'll look great if you ever get a chance to finish her.
Writing Gooder

647 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:35 pm
Alteran says...

Definitely good starting places. You already have them pretty well done. Once you get the supplies you need I'm sure they'll be amazing in no time.

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:05 am
JC says...

Oh...I can't wait for Cirque du Soleil. I've been looking through this thread, and I've been getting more and more impressed. Your work is very nice, it made me smile in a very disney animation way. =D

Keep up the good work!
-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare