Your basic art thread

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:56 am
stirly says...

My friend's belated birthday present:

Fixededed.
-EBM
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:04 am
whence says...

psst, It's not showing up :p

But I'm pretty sure it'll be amazing.

Or would saying that be considered bias?
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:09 am
Royboy says...

Use this link instead.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/ ... hter-1.jpg

I really love it. It's gorgeous.
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:19 pm
Rydia says...

Oh wow, she's beautiful. The colouring on the dress is perfect, the hair looks just right and the jewelery really sets off the outfit. This has a real touch of elegance, especially with the gloves and her expression is interesting. I'd love to know what she's thinking. The only thing I'm not so sure on is her neck. I think that it's just a touch too long but don't worry about that, I probably only noticed it because I keep looking back at the picture over and over again. Very well drawn.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:22 pm
whence says...

I think her arms are too straightened out or something... If that makes sense.

But overall, I was totally right. It's pretty much amazing.
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

106 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:36 am
stirly says...

Everything is explained here:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59468322/

It was far too big for photobucket to handle, so I was forced to use the deviantART link instead.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:19 am
Leja says...

I like the style of the bubbles. And the green/blueness. He just looks very elongated in the first one.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:33 am
LowKey says...

Wow! She looks awesome! I want one! :razz: How do you draw your people? (no idea what else to call them) Or is that your secret? Any way, your art looks awesome! And you have consistency. Well, that's what I got from the different face expressions one. So you can draw the same person more than once and still be able to tell who it is. That's awesome. You're so lucky. :razz:

~*Dreamer*~
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:17 am
Rydia says...

I'm guessing myrtle and Harry =) It's brilliant. I love your style of drawing and I know I've said it before but they're expressions are fantastic.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

106 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:53 pm
stirly says...

Thanks for the many comments, everyone :D

Kitty15: Yeah, its the wonderful yet akward moment with Myrtle and Harry. I can't tell you how glad I am that you figured it out. I was afraid that no one would get it.

106 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:56 pm
stirly says...

Dreamer wrote:Wow! She looks awesome! I want one! :razz: How do you draw your people? (no idea what else to call them) Or is that your secret? Any way, your art looks awesome! And you have consistency. Well, that's what I got from the different face expressions one. So you can draw the same person more than once and still be able to tell who it is. That's awesome. You're so lucky. :razz:

~*Dreamer*~

Basically, I just study my own expressions and the Disney films. One of these days I'll get around to creating a tutorial or something.

In case you really want a picture:
Of what?

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:39 pm
Via says...

I really like the girls hair. The dress is pretty as well, but the hair is awesome!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

106 Reviews

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:22 pm
stirly says...

WOOT! A self-portrait that is completely off-balanced.... Its great.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59663143/

Another, MUCH weirder self-portrait. Its probably best if you read the explanation at the bottom.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59669529/

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:06 am
Via says...

First one: I love the hair. The feet are rather large, however. Rather, rather large.

Second one: Cute! But, watch the nubs. I'd give them a little more definition.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

106 Reviews

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:46 am
stirly says...

My feet are rather huge... especially in pointy-toe shoes :D I feel so abnormal :p

I have serious nub issues.

Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.
— John Green