Young Writers Society

Your basic art thread

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:17 pm
Via says...

I love her hair.

The knees cause me great pain just looking at them *whinces*

But, I really do like the hair. The outfit is great too, though.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Rydia says...

Artemis is brilliant and you've caught her attitude perfectly. I like the pictures of you too. You're very good at expressions.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:05 pm
stirly says...

RANDOMNESS (Mainly I just wanted my 100th post :p )

Thanks everyone for the support and the critiques!

Hercules made a horrid impression on me. Thats totally how I see knees now.... I know, its pretty bad. I seriously need to get my hands on Alladin.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:35 pm
Areida says...

You are SO talented, stirly! I love all of these... they're great!

I can see the Hercules influence, definitely. ;)
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:17 am
Alteran says...

It;s uber cool. Her expression makes me feel, watched. So your Avatar is really freakin me out.

Love it. Another sweet pic.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

106 Reviews

Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:09 am
stirly says...

Adam_Atlantian wrote:It;s uber cool. Her expression makes me feel, watched. So your Avatar is really freakin me out.

Love it. Another sweet pic.

My avatar is officially stalking you :D
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:45 am
whence says...

the knees make me gag.

But yes, very personalityified.

Erm. Yes, that's now a term.
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

106 Reviews

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:23 pm
stirly says...

For a competition I'm holding here on Young Writers Society:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/58493223/

Its pixalated, but I like the overall effect of some of the characters. The middle one is funky, though. I had to keep shrinking her down, and it ended up making her line art unbelievably thin.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:40 am
Snoink says...

You should like... draw a pig or something.

I love the twenties style! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:04 am
sabradan says...

I REALLY like your style.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:29 pm
Pushca says...

Besides the elbows and knees, fantastic; I think it's even better than your other stuff on here.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 pm
Rydia says...

I love the characters though description will be hard if I choose to enter the competition. Their eye colour is a little hard to distinguish or at least it is on my computer...
Writing Gooder

106 Reviews

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:01 pm
stirly says...

kitty15 wrote:I love the characters though description will be hard if I choose to enter the competition. Their eye colour is a little hard to distinguish or at least it is on my computer...

A random, silly suggestion:
I based it around browns, so it could actually be any color you want. Look more at whether they're dark or light.

Even better, don't go for basic "Hair: Brown, Eyes: Brown" descriptions. Go for their expressions.

"He gave off an aura of confidence, filled with well-deserved pride. It was obvious that he was accustomed to winning, and nothing else. His charming smile and sparkling eyes made him a sure canidate.... (Yeah... dunno what to put here.)"

Probably should have talked about age somewhere in there :D

Same for the girls. One has a sort of elegance about her, while the other seems to be a bright personality forced to conform itself to the dim world that surrounds her. One is pretty, the other is perky. One has soft, round cheeks, the other has wide eyes and high cheekbones. So long as you don't throw in any other young women (?), you're good to go!

Still, if you want to get creative with it and try to come up with their eye colors, I would greatly appreciate it! I might just add bonus points for figuring out what colors I had in mind when I designed them.... hmmm.....

EDIT:
There are officially bonus points for guessing the correct eye color :D

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:08 pm
Rydia says...

Lol. Okay then and sorry if it sounded like a silly comment. If I get the chance I shall have a go and eyes are always important for expressions so I'll certainly have a guess at eye colour =)
Writing Gooder

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:42 pm
Imelda says...

I WISH I had the writingness to do that comp, because those characters make me think all sorts of things. :D

Also Stirly, I really like the sepia tones you've been using lately. I can't really say why, but it's pleasing to my eyes. :)

Besides, if you want perfection, write a haiku. Anything longer is bound to have some passages that don't work as well as they might.
— Philip Pullman