z

Young Writers Society

Your basic art thread

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:57 am
Alteran says...

That is so cool!

I love our stuff Stirly. One question though, should I be able to see through her fur shawl?

Dont worry I dont want you to portrait me :D Looks like you're gonna have your hands full.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:49 pm
stirly says...

No, I was just too lazy to erase the lines that guide where it should lie. Everytime I do something like that it makes the image too inky, and I'd rather have something be relatively seethru than pudgy and inky *shudders* I reeaaallllyyy need a tablet.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:34 pm
Rydia says...

Very nice. The expression and hair are amazing.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

106 Reviews

Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 am
stirly says...

Write me:
I finished up the line art, and I actually colored the peice. I don't like the way it turned out, so I'm going to attempt it again when I'm not quite so disoriented. I'm unbelievably uber sorry for the delay!!!

A random peice that brought back quite a few good memories of the good ol' As You Like It days. I sorely miss being called a slut twice a day, 4 days a week for 2 months.

You bet its not her face he is staring at, and you can be sure that though she looks like she hates it, shes lovin' every moment of it.

One of these days I'll get around to creating more fan art based on the works of Shakespeare. Until then, we'll live with Audrey and Touchstone.
I feel the dire need to go buy tootsie rolls right now, and I can't really explain why.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:24 am
Via says...

Haha it's cool.

I'm liking the little bo peep cane.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:15 pm
Rydia says...

The girl is very beautiful and the guys costume superb. Love the expressions in this one! Also the colouring works well, especially the touch of blue for the guy's eyes because it draws your attention to them and then you just have to follow his gaze to see what he's looking at.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:43 pm
Myth says...

Virginia, from the 10th Kingdom, looks really great. Wolf's hair is, I think, supposed to be parted but what does that matter?

I love the one of Claudette!
.: ₪ :.

'...'

106 Reviews

Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:32 pm
stirly says...

Because the most recent picture of me was taken in October, and I'm not allowed to post pictures of myself on the internet, I had to create an expression sheet/colorscheme thingy to show a fellow artist what I look like. The whole thing took about 20 minutes.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:04 am
Sponson Light says...

You have really good, clean lineart, I love the faces as well.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

694 Reviews

Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:13 am
Via says...

I like your 'most used expression' best. The other's look a little like she is gritting her teeth some? Or she's constipated? Maybe the jaw line is just a little toward or something. Ah, I don't know for sure though.

WM

106 Reviews

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:49 am
stirly says...

Ah, the good ol' days when I had 4 colors in my hair at once and thought it was completely normal and totally un-emo. Though eighth grade was only two years ago, I still see myself as a little kid, which sort of explains the iddy biddy shoulders and GINORMOUS head. Anyway, yay for random doodles that take no time to make!

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:37 am
Alteran says...

I love that hair.

Very nice.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

694 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:18 am
Via says...

The hair is definitely very fun. But yes, you are right about the kid thing. Big heads are ftw.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:44 am
Myth says...

The pink doesn't really do it for me, the other three colours go well together, though.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

106 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:05 pm
stirly says...

Artemis. Probably one of the few Greek gods that doesn't make me want to pull my hair out.

I had too much fun with textures, as you can tell :p

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
— William Shakespeare