z

Young Writers Society

Areida's photos

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:52 pm
Areida says...

Adam - Thank you for the suggestion. I was considering it, but the way the light was hitting everything yesterday was too pretty for me to put it in black and white! But I will definitely try some black and white ones sometime soon.

Sohini - I agree with you about the flowers, espeically the first one. If the weather cooperates again today I might go out and re-do the blue flower ones before they start to die.

Myth - The pictures make it look more secluded than it is. The house is in the middle of a neighborhood, right off a somewhat busy street. But it is in a small town! :D

Tin Fish - It is a funky house. I'm glad you like the spiderweb one. Doesn't that just seem like the quintessential thing to take a picture of? I've always wanted to, and now I finally have!

Kitty - It's in Texas, and it's on sale for something like $650K. Or it was the last time I checked, which was several months ago. Seriously, NOBODY is going to buy that house. It's kind of sad, actually.

write me - I like the staircases too. Those staricases are actually the reason I went over to take pictures in the first place. Hehe.

oregon girl - Thank you, that's very sweet. I'm glad you liked them!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

798 Reviews

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:39 am
Areida says...

Sorry for the double post, but I took some more today and wanted to post a few of them. Even with the light going all funky on me, I still managed to get a few decent shots.

I live in such a pretty town. :)
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:07 am
JC says...

tis all so pretty =D
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:07 pm
Saphira says...

I realy like all of them. I think my favourate would have to be the staircase one. It is really nice and kind of mysterious!

I realy like the second lot. My favourate is the one where the forest is all dark and you can see the path.

All fantastic!
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:16 pm
Fand says...

I love the first one, and the one with the trees and the path! Gorgeous, Ari! ^_^
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:37 am
Pushca says...

It's so beautiful! And sunny... I remember the sun... but it is really bright there.

Areida wrote:Well... it is for sale! :P

We'll all pitch in five dollars...
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

798 Reviews

Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:35 pm
Areida says...

My guess is that five bucks from all the YWS'ers might not cut it... especially if we want any furniture. ;)

More arboretum pictures!

My favorites:

Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:47 pm
Meshugenah says...

Ari! So pretty!

I love the one with the brook in the bottom of the frame.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:55 pm
Crysi says...

Ari -- these are all gorgeous! I think my absolute favorite is the one with the bench, though. There's just something about it that seems so peaceful, and yet seems like there could be such a rich story behind it. Beautiful!
Love and Light

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:35 pm
ibelieve_inme says...

the second photo would be PERFECT if the corner wasnt cropped off. I like the first two best....I almost thought the first one was upside down, until i looked closer. I like that effect. I love that back yard...it makes me want to be a child again.
I open my mouth to sing, and you can see right through me.
I open my eyes to see, And I’m invisible
I look around me to take in my surroundings
And I disappear - And then the words begin...

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:32 pm
Rydia says...

I like the two with the streams and the very last you posted. Very pretty. Also, the dark one in the earlier lot has a really sinister, eerie feel to it. Very good.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

798 Reviews

Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:15 am
Areida says...

Thanks for commenting! I really need to crop that second sunset... stupid column on our house got in the way. :P

((Click on the pictures to get the larger, less pixellated version.))

Plane pictures! These were taken last Friday while taking off in Houston. Couldn't decide which one I liked best, so I just posted them all.

Welcome to the Nelson-Atkins Museum in Kansas. SO PRETTY. Go if you ever get a chance. The buildings alone are worth the effort.

Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:52 am
Enigma says...

These are all FANTASTIC shots, Areida. :D My favorite would have to be the one with the tiled steps. (I don't know what they are) That one's really pretty, and you took at a great angle, by the way. The previous pictures you posted, the ones I didn't comment on because I didn't know about them, were great as well.

I have a thing for shady trails, so the walking trail/bike trail (the 4th picture you posted) was also my favorite.

These are awesome. Great job with these!! :D

-Nic
"You spell stupid S-T-YOU-P-I-D!!!" - LoveAlways,Rose.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:55 pm
Rydia says...

I agree that the tiled one has a brilliant angle and I love the reflection of the building in the water. Old style architecture fascinates me and that building reminds me of ancient Greece.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

798 Reviews

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:38 pm
Areida says...

Thanks for commenting!

I've had a lot of fun messing around with my camera these last few weeks. I'm just glad I was able to convey something of just how gorgeous all these places are. :)
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
— Yoda