z

Young Writers Society

The Alps Photography

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:56 pm
Sureal says...

Went snowboarding in the Alps a little while ago. 'twas cool. Looky - photos!

- chairlift. These go up high (as in, HIGH). They have a tendancy to breakdown, and when the wind picks up - which is quite often - they rock quite a bit, which can be worrying.

- um... trees?

- that's my instructor to the left of the picture. That was a really good day - the weather was nice and warm, the sky clear and the clouds fluffy and low. However, the snow was compacted and hard - falling over felt like hitting concrete.

- getting ready to go off. Not an overly amazing slope, but it's a nice picture.

- now this was a very surreal scene. A large cloud rose up from behind the cliff, flowing and twisting and contorting, all surprisingly fast. A mere photograph can not capture the real beauty of it.

- me!

I loved being surrounded by the moutains there - the entire area was so amazing. And it was made even better by then being able to snowboard amongst all the mountains, so my time was spent alternating between being awed, and flying at dangerous speeds downhill. Excellent.
I wrote the above just for you.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:05 pm
Via says...

I love the first one, but it needs to be a little bit more clear--like, maybe enhance it?

The second one is a little too busy, there is no central point and there isn't one tree that you can see all of.

The third is okay, I love the random guy on the left side, but I think it would be better if there were less other skiiers in the background??

The fourth is really cool.

I like the fifth one!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:47 pm
sabradan says...

The first and third are really good. The others, well not so much. I'll get an "official" crit later.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:54 am
Griffinkeeper says...

The pictures are nice, but they aren't particularly artistic. It looks and sounds like this is just a log of activities. It doesn't really capture any particular emotion or quality to the casual viewer.

A black and white filter for the skier/snowboarder shots would make it a lot more dramatic appearance wise.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:01 am
Myth says...

I love the first one. The trees look like mountains to me =]
.: ₪ :.

'...'

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:07 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

I love four. It reminds me off my time in the Alps.

:D
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:42 am
gymnast_789 says...

These are really good! I like the 1st, and second to last one. Reminds me of the Rockies!

Almost all absurdity of conduct rises from the imitation of those whom we cannot resemble.
— Samuel Johnson