z

Young Writers Society

This is art.....right?

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:08 am
Alteran says...

I think it is cause it's like photography. It's a screenshot from my game. I think it's artistic cause you have to get the right angle and pay attention to lighting and stuff. You be the judge.

"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:56 am
Myth says...

I love the colours in the last two pictures. The green 'hole' in the first image isn't really impressive, it looks random, out of place and I think it was meant to look like Star Trek warping or maybe Doctor Who-type vortex. That's the only thing I didn't really like.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

647 Reviews

Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:31 pm
Alteran says...

It's supposed to be a dimensional rift but i havent been able to get it the way i want ti yet. Mostly cause i cant export any animations into my models.

And sorry about the bad cover up job on the last two. I do better with plain star backgrounds.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:36 pm
Via says...

I suppose this is art because you took the picture, but it could probably also be thought of as plagarism because it's a snapshot of a game owned by a company with no legal ties to you.

It's a toss up, I say.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:48 pm
Meep says...

I'm not sure this counts as "art," because you didn't create the imagery in the screencap. Like, you can't take a picture of something copyrighted and sell it or distribute it. (Random factoid: it violates international copyright laws to publish pictures of the Eiffel Tower lit up at night, because the country of France owns the copyright on that.)

... so, I'd have to go with not!art, unless you modeled those spaceships yourself.

(Which isn't to say I don't appreciate how hard it can be to get good screencaps. I admit, I am an avid Pokémon Snap! fan.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:53 pm
Via says...

Haha, that's awesome--no eiffel tower at night pics. I would have never thought that in a million years! If I lived in france, I'd be in jail by now for that simple reason.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks plagarism :)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:55 pm
Sureal says...

Those low-resolution graphics actually look quite cool, in a retro kindda way.
I wrote the above just for you.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:16 pm
Lilyy03 says...

It's a toss-up to me too... On one hand it is a little like photography, but most of the time things people take photographs of aren't copyrighted works by other people...

Having said that, I think the coloring on the last two are cool.

647 Reviews

Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:19 am
Alteran says...

Well.....I dont really see how it's plagerism.... I'm not passing this as my own or anything. I made a number of the models myself especially the last 2 pics.

If it's anything I'd call it a copyright infringement. But I dont think my screenshots are illegal.

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler