z

Young Writers Society

Apprentice

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:45 am
Jennafina says...

Hello! Thanks for looking. My scanner is broken so I used a digicam. That's why there are quality issues.

And inkified!

EDIT-- And now three more inkified!

Numbered for your critiquing ease. :D Be as harsh as you want/as harsh as you can. The face doodles aren't inked, so any tips before I do that would be much appreciated. The top one is a second draft, but I saved the first draft, so that's not finished either. :)

Thanks in advance! ^_^
Last edited by Jennafina on Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:19 am
Sohini says...

Who is this person, seems pretty meek and gentle.

i really lik eyour choice of shades in th efirst one, they're unique. tthe freckles add more chracter to this girl, i like her shoes/boots.

ho wdo you imagine all her expressions? they are so natural as if this girl is in front of you for real. all the sketches are really amture and nice, speciallly no.1,2,3 and no. 8
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:33 am
Fand says...

It's Becky! Yay!

Some of the sketches need work, just cleaning the lines up, but her expressions on the whole seem pretty good, and I like her expression in #2 especially... :D I'd offer tips, but I know absolutely nothing about drawing, lol.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:30 am
Wiggy says...

Some of the lines need to be smoother, but other than that I love it! :D

Then again, I'm not the expert on art. :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:50 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

Fand wrote:It's Becky! Yay!

Hurrah!

Yea this looks like what i imagined becky to look like. The clothes look good, wrinkly not strait, and some preliminary shading there too.

The faces are good, it show's your attempting different views (good job on 2,3,4,6, and 9 in that aspect).

The body on the full body drawing seems a bit mannish (curve wise), generally women's hips are around the same width as their shoulders and men's shoulders are larger than their hips (or at least that's what i was taught, it seems about right).

the sheath of the blade looks nice, and like you described, a little girly. But the width of the sheath is a little off, the sheath should be roughly the same size, so the widest part can fit through the whole thing (otherwise if the sheath matches the sword shape it will get stuck, or not even go in the sheath).

good coloring.

Thats my two bits.

-DQ
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:20 pm
misspriss says...

Becky! Woohoo!

657 Reviews

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 am
Jennafina says...

Thanks for the comments! I'm working on the second drafts of all the faces. Only three left, and of the three, only one good one.

Yep, it's Becky. ^_^

Good point about the shape, DQ. I'll fix that right away, when I fix the sword.

Thanks, Sohini. :)

forum353.html

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:11 am
Bobo says...

Awesome work! You could use some help with anatomy and proportions and stuff, but I can definitely feel some personality showing through, and that's the most important thing IMO.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:34 am
Sponson Light says...

I like how you made all those different emotions of the same person!
Nice, I like the colors too, and the hair. Espeically the hair.

Everything is rather nice except for the first pose, but thats just a "stiff as a board" issue, and what bobo said about the anatomy and proportions.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:59 am
Kitkat_1122_ says...

You did a wonderful job of drawing the same person with different expressions.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:09 pm
Royboy says...

#7 is definitely my favorite. I don't know much about art, but I think that you did pretty good on these. The faces with expressions match the other faces well, although the face transforms from long to rounded at some angles.
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

657 Reviews

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:17 pm
Jennafina says...

Thanks! :)

Could you please tell me what about the preportions is off? I know something is, but I can't tell. Is her head too small?

forum353.html

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:59 pm
Sponson Light says...

No, her knees are too far short, compare the distance between the hip to the knee and the knee to the heel, should be roughly the same.
Also the knees are also to low because the arm doesn't extend far enough down to read the middle point between the hip and the knee.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Loose says...

you drew them? myy goodness

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:08 am
Karma says...

I am insanely jealous of the last one.
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^