z

Young Writers Society

Some of meh ugly- I mean beautiful art

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:11 am
Broken Wings says...

Warning: Do not steal any of my artwork, even though it sucks.

1. This was a sketch that I decided to do on Photoshop and make it colorful and pretty.

2. This was made for a friend, I'm Flyte, and that's my character with her pony dressed as a reindeer. Love them. My coloring skills were a little messy that day, I guess.

3. I hate the girl in this one...yeah, that's the same girl in #2, but chibified.

4. Fairy/angel thing...kinda cute. Made it for a friend.

5. Another fairy thing that I did while bored.

6. My kitties! ...Lineart from google, sadly. I was bored. And yes, there is a scar over the orange one's eye.
ImageImage

7. Another character of mine. Also named Flyte...it's usually my name for things. I have one with more realistic hair, and one without it.
ImageImage
"Admitting that you don't like reading is admitting that you don't have an imagination." -- Broken Wings

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:44 am
Sponson Light says...

Good! I hope you draw lots, its good practice drawing stuff repeatedly. But repetition can be bad, if you practice wrong that is.
I'd like to see your sketches, they usually offer a bit more insight right now.

The last one offers good design, and your characters don't seem flat, except for number 4, which is good.

The Reindeer Girl's arms are too short, and she is rather lopsided.
Unfortunatly, your style, looks a lot like everyone elses, down to the lines, shape, and even coloring style. But that should change with time, so its nothing to worry about.

Just keep practicing.

Oh and read this.
http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

93 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:06 am
Broken Wings says...

Sketches?

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m282 ... safumi.png
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m282 ... attoo1.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m282 ... ineart.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m282 ... ismall.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m282 ... etcher.jpg

My characters don't seem flat? I take that many different ways. Flat, as in 2d forms or whatever, unemotional, not enough color, ect...? Please explain that a bit more to me ( ^-^ sorry about my stupidity of art, I just draw, I don't study it)

...I didn't notice they were short. Thanks for pointing that out! And I know she's lopsided, I almost always draw like that because I have to have the paper tilted a little...I'm getting better though.

That's a nifty site! It's going on my favorites so I can check it out when it's not so late =^0^=
"Admitting that you don't like reading is admitting that you don't have an imagination." -- Broken Wings

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:09 am
Fireweed says...

Are #4 and #5 holding flutes? It looks like they are...
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

93 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:34 pm
Broken Wings says...

Yeah...^-^ I play the flute, and it always seems to be a 'magical instrument' in stories and stuff. I dunno...I just like it. Besides, I can't draw any other instrument ^-^;

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:36 pm
Shine says...

Those were good.I liked the kitties.

Keep practising!:)
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:27 pm
Swires says...

They look ok to me!
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

93 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:34 pm
Broken Wings says...

I didn't draw the cats, I got the line art from google. But they are adorable, aren't they? ^-^

Thanks ANI, Phorcys <3

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:08 pm
Sponson Light says...

Flat art wise. Even though it is a 2d media, people and places can seem 3d, the best works make you want to step in and be there yourself.

Though, not all 2d is bad, if done right, it can look very very nice.

Just sayin'. If you do want to fix it, add more depth by shading, and warping the clothing and features just right. It's hard to explain. Just practice lots and strive to improve, and it'll come.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:42 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Nice!

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:16 am
Fireweed says...

Hurrah, a fellow flute player! ^_^ Nice pics. I love # 7's dress.
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

93 Reviews

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Broken Wings says...

Haha, that dress was actually a mistake. Well, the design for it was. But...yeah, I like it too.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:34 am
Myth says...

I also like No. 7's dress. I love how the colouring on the heart looks watercolour-ish.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:49 am
Sohini says...

Th ekiities are soo cute.

i loved the ahppy holidays one too and th elast Flyte.
good work with the angel too
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
— Leo J. Burke