z

Young Writers Society

Kobolds

Hey!

I'm no good with Fantasy, what the hell is a Kobold?
19%
Err... okay
44%
Kobolds FTW!
38%

Total votes : 16

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:41 am
Sponson Light says...

Kobolds! For a DnD campaign, Im gonna put up new stuff as they come through.

Head study.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:47 am
Chandni says...

Nice :) I'm no good judge at this but to my concern kobolds are those who work at Gringots in Harry Potter? lol well atleast they are called like that in Dutch :)

Cheerios, Chandni
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:49 am
Ego says...

Kobolds are dog/lizardlike, Sponson, not piglike. :P
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:47 am
Swires says...

Love Hog Man - really detailed!
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

Random avatar

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:08 pm
Sponson Light says...

Kobolds are Goblins, so we're all wrong.
Kobold comes from Kobalt, which means goblin in German.

Dog/lizard like are Skaven to me.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:02 pm
Swires says...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobold

They can be applied to many things. Since they dont exist the artist can impress what ever they think they are....
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:03 pm
Firestarter says...

They look too muscly to be Kobolds for me -- my experience comes solely from such games as Baldur's Gate, but they're usually spindly and small, and armed with small spears and bows. Of course, I can understand if you have a different image of them.

In D&D-age, Kobolds aren't Goblins though. There's a clear distinction -- otherwise why have both? Name derivation doesn't mean they're the same thing. I tend to assume Kobolds are like mine-Goblins, sort of related to Goblins, like a cousin, but not the same.

Anyway -- on to the drawings (I think it's cool you do drawings for D&D campaigns, btw, if only my group had a talented artists) -- I love the first one, great lines and nice shading. The candle idea is a little strange, but still -- I'm guessing that's for the mines/being underground?

The second looks a bit odd -- his left leg is stiking too far forward for me, and for a Kobold (that appears to be) walking forward, he seems to be leaning back too much.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:14 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

Nice, but i'm with Jack on this one, they seem a little too muscly; but that is for your own interpretation of what they should look like. From the games i've played, they're usually smaller thinner goblin looking creatures, yet when they're described in the books its different (it's open for interpretation).

This is cool, drawings for D&D campaigns, i'd do it except for the fact, no one i know plays D&D anymore (weep).

the second picture (the face) looks a little to piggish.

The third looks a little ogre-ish.

Woot studies are good, i should probably do some more.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:19 am
Broken Wings says...

What's up with the candles on their heads? xD
"Admitting that you don't like reading is admitting that you don't have an imagination." -- Broken Wings

Random avatar

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:48 am
Sponson Light says...

You no take candle!

Kobolds often work in mines, so they need the candle as a source of light.

Maybe Ill put some kerosene on the ground, just incase the Kobold so happens to die and the candle falls in.

I'm drawing my sources from different areas. Mainly Warcraft, but as I said, I'm still tinkering with my ideas and others.

WEEDY IT IS

Random avatar

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:24 pm
Sponson Light says...

You no take candle!

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:54 am
yoha_ahoy says...

Hehe! I love the candles! It's so entertaining. *giggles at the thought of clumsy goblins with candles on their heads*
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:08 am
Sponson Light says...

Hey look! A colored version!
One hour in Photoshop 7

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:47 pm
Elizabeth says...

XD how adorable!
You no take candle lol
Love the XD GIF... that was pretty awesome.

... what's a Kolbold? XD

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale