z

Young Writers Society

Brad Returns with Better Artwork (and more shame!)

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:34 am
Incandescence says...

Last edited by Incandescence on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:39 am
Emerson says...

*throws compliments at Brad*

Nice job, I like them.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:11 am
Sponson Light says...

I would hardly call the second one inanimate.
On the first one, the ear stands out the most!
Abe Lincoln! References on the second piece?
It would benefit from reflections of the "sky" in the water.

Honestly, how big are these? The unclear details make me want to see the enlarged versions.

Rude of me to ask, but are you a perfectionist? Heres my reasoning.

Judging by your self-portrait, you're athletic (I mean, you made those pecks stand out), judging by your posts, you're academics is top-notch, judging by your most recent uptake in art and success, you're the kind of person to do everything to the best of anyone's ability, judging by all these, you're from a well-to-do family, because of the sheer amount of time and discipline, and finally, judging by the patience, I guess you're a perfectionist.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:36 am
Via says...

So, just out of curiousity, is there something you are not good at? Like perhaps golf? Or water polo? Or...math? I don't know haha.

These are awesome Brad. I like the portrait alot, but I love the colors and randomness of the second a lot more--it just stands out a lot more [of course, with the colors].

Simply Amazing. :D
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:45 am
Cassandra says...

I adore the second one, Brad. I love the colors, the flags, and the water droplet/world! So creative! What did you use for the color? I'm thinking it's colored pencil, but I'm so bad at guessing I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong. XD

Again, nice work. :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:12 am
Shine says...

The potrait is amazing.

In second one I liked the drop of cocacola.I mean the earth in it.

Cass wrote:I'm thinking it's colored pencil, but I'm so bad at guessing I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong. XD

Brad is it really colored pencil?

Well I am bad at guessing too.

Ican wrote:After all this time, I've started practicing drawing. It's one of those things that, as a kid, I neglected. It seemed, I don't know, extraneous. I wasn't interested in the world of inanimate objects; lately, though, they've fascinated me. It spurred me to really take up artwork. I've worked on these two for about eight months now. They're probably pretty shabby, but it's progress from last posting! XD

As a kid did u really never practised drawing seriously?And yet after practicing for a while now came up with such a elegant potrait.Well thats cool.
Would like to see more of your drawing skills. :)
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:38 am
Swires says...

Wow - Nice work.

shoddy critique but I know nothing about art.
THey look great!
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:38 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Both of them are amazing! I really love the second one.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:33 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

I like the portrait. Nice composition and good contrast. The second one is nice too, but I don't like the proportions of the earth being the droplet. First off, it's not exactly a circle. There's like a dent on the right side that bugs me. Also, if it's dripping from the Coca-Cola, wouldn't the drop be smaller? I dunno, I'm just being picky here.

Well, eight months on these... I'd say that's a bit perfectionist. But they do look good. I hope you keep at it. Good work. :)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:17 am
Skye says...

The jeans in the first one fascinate me.

And like everyone said before, the colors in the second one are simply fabulous! Very nice stuff altogether...especially when remembering the last drawings you posted here. :P
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:44 am
gyrfalcon says...

GASP! *dies from coolenss of artwork*
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

Random avatar

Reviews: 103
Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:11 pm
Cameron says...

Honestly, I find the pecks look more like breasts and the ear is slightly deterring from the rest of the portrait. I especially like the jeans though and enjoyed the second drawing immensely. Cheers,

Cameron
The individual leads in actual fact a double life, one in which he is an end to himself and another in which he is a link in a chain which he serves against his will or at least independently of his will.
--SIGMUND FREUD

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:16 am
sabradan says...

I like the second one because my countries' flag is featured prominently.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:40 am
Sponson Light says...

Cameron wrote:Honestly, I find the pecks look more like breasts and the ear is slightly deterring from the rest of the portrait. I especially like the jeans though and enjoyed the second drawing immensely. Cheers,

Cameron

You may as well make fun of his physique and ears.
Abe Lincoln!
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Empress Kat says...

You did this? nifty. I really like the 2nd one. The face on the guy looks too... not real? I dunno. I suck at real faces. But the lighting is great w/ the black and white. How long did it take you?
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

It is most unlikely. But - here comes the big "but" - not impossible.
— Roald Dahl